TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Southern Pride

Default Southern Pride

I have been really concerned that the numbers are down dramatically with Southern Pride and today was able to pass my concern on to a representative of the College of Arts and Humanities. She was most receptive and shared with me that membership is down 25%. After hearing what I had to say she asked that if I know anyone else who shares this concern to pass their contact info on to her or that I ask them to contact her directly as she wants to hear what others have to say. She promised me that information she gathers will be passed on to those who need to hear this and that they are concerned that there is a problem causing membership to drop.

If you have been a member of SP or if you are a member of SP or if you just share my concern, private message me and I'll pass her contact info on to you.

Default Re: Southern Pride

This didn't happen gradually any more than the decline in season ticket sales. Give it time.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

3. Default Re: Southern Pride

I wonder if we are asking for too much of a contribution to the foundation for season tickets.....

If I recall correctly, ours were in the neighborhood of $600 for a pair. If people know they can only make two or three home games, thatís not a super great value.

I think we need to make the foundation contribution cheaper. Knock $100 off and I bet we would sell 2000 more season tickets easily. More total $$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I wonder if we are asking for too much of a contribution to the foundation for season tickets.....

If I recall correctly, ours were in the neighborhood of $600 for a pair. If people know they can only make two or three home games, that’s not a super great value.

I think we need to make the foundation contribution cheaper. Knock $100 off and I bet we would sell 2000 more season tickets easily. More total $$$$.
    And that has what to do with the membership of Southern Pride?

Assuming you've confused Southern Pride with Southern Boosters (which doesn't technically exist anymore, but understandable), you can buy season tickets without a GSUAF donation. Seats in the deck at midfield only require a $120 donation, Family Plan can be had without a donation at all. There are price points for everyone.
    Last edited by eaglewraith; 15th May 2019 at 01:04 PM.

5. Default Re: Southern Pride

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post

Assuming you've confused Southern Pride with Southern Boosters (which doesn't technically exist anymore, but understandable), you can buy season tickets without a GSUAF donation. Seats in the deck at midfield only require a $120 donation, Family Plan can be had without a donation at all. There are price points for everyone.
    Fella mentioned the decline in season ticket sales.

IDK how to fix the band thing, but the season ticket problem would be easy to correct.

6. Default Re: Southern Pride

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post

Oh.

I didnít know that.

My wife is very particular about location.... I didnít know that other seats didnít require a donation at all.

Good to know.

(I have never been able to make much sense out of out ticket website. Doesnít matter much anyhow. We gotta where mama wants to sit!)

Quote Originally Posted by bfteagle View Post
    I have been really concerned that the numbers are down dramatically with Southern Pride and today was able to pass my concern on to a representative of the College of Arts and Humanities. She was most receptive and shared with me that membership is down 25%. After hearing what I had to say she asked that if I know anyone else who shares this concern to pass their contact info on to her or that I ask them to contact her directly as she wants to hear what others have to say. She promised me that information she gathers will be passed on to those who need to hear this and that they are concerned that there is a problem causing membership to drop.

If you have been a member of SP or if you are a member of SP or if you just share my concern, private message me and I'll pass her contact info on to you.
    As a non-music major that marched under Dr. Fallin I would not even think about marching now that they do a new show each home game. Way too much work for something that I did just for the fun of it. I'm wondering if SP non-music major membership started going down about the time they switched from 2 shows a year to a new show a game.

Also stop that 5th quarter crap. Let the drumline play on the 50 again after games.

Also get off my lawn.
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

Is is the time constraints is takes on students? Or do we have less music majors?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Fella mentioned the decline in season ticket sales.

IDK how to fix the band thing, but the season ticket problem would be easy to correct.
    His post is entirely about the decline in Southern Pride membership and relaying information for those who are also concerned.

Where is there anything about season tickets?

10. Default Re: Southern Pride

I bet it is a lot more work....

But from a fan perspective, it is appreciated.

I noticed a lot more people actually sticking around in the stands during halftime.

And that Halloween (and camelia bowl) thing with the zombies was awesome! Everyone loved it!

SP puts on a great show. We know it takes a lot of work, but itís really top shelf!