TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NCAA DIVISION I MENíS GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP

Default Re: 2019 NCAA DIVISION I MENíS GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP

Quote Originally Posted by gsufanatic View Post
    The announcers said GSís best finish prior to today was 1974 and was 20th place. Helluva accomplishment for that young man.
    Buddy Alexander - former player and former coach.

3. Default Re: 2019 NCAA DIVISION I MENíS GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Had no idea this was on Golf Channel. Fisk getting good air time since he's T2.
    Awesome! I hope several potential recruits were watching!

Outstanding job, Fisk! Thank you for a fantastic career.

Steven Fisk's runner-up finish in NCAA D1 Golf National Championships is the highest accomplishment by any Georgia Southern student/athlete ever.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Awesome! I hope several potential recruits were watching!
    Outstanding job, Fisk! Thank you for a fantastic career.
    Over the years, we’ve had some great golfers. Mike Donald who went on to finish in a sudden death tie to only lose to Hale Irwin in the US Open. My friend Buddy Alexander who won the US amateur title and Savannah’s Gene Sauers who won several times on the PGA Tour and has made a name for himself on the senior circuit.

Jodie Mudd was really something in his day - won several tour events including the Players Championship at Ponte Vedra, the St. Jude’s Classic and led the Masters after three rounds - and nearly won the British Open.

So proud of Mr. Fisk. He has truly earned his acclaim as perhaps the best golfer in Eagle history - and that is quite a statement. Wish him nothing but continued success on his pro journey.

Hail Steven Fisk, hail Georgia Southern golf and Coach Carter Collins! I don’t think you’ve seen everything yet from Fisk - what a finish and what a career. GATA.
    Last edited by birdseye; 27th May 2019 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Over the years, we’ve had some great golfers. Mike Donald who went on to finish in a sudden death tie to only lose to Hale Irwin in the US Open. My friend Buddy Alexander who won the US amateur title and Savannah’s Gene Sauers who won several times on the PGA Tour and has made a name for himself on the senior circuit.

Jodie Mudd was really something in his day - won several tour events including the Players Championship at Ponte Vedra, the St. Jude’s Classic and led the Masters after three rounds - and nearly won the British Open.

So proud of Mr. Fisk. He has truly earned his acclaim as perhaps the best golfer in Eagle history - and that is quite a statement. Wish him nothing but continued success on his pro journey.

Hail Steven Fisk, hail Georgia Southern golf and Coach Carter Collins! I don’t think you’ve seen everything yet from Fisk - what a finish and what a career. GATA.
    This is my favorite post in a long time. Hail Southern in all capacities but especially Mr Fisk tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post

Wow!, +1000 a real good feel good story for GS and us fans. Great career.

Anyone know if Fisk will give professional golf a shot?
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Anyone know if Fisk will give professional golf a shot?
    i think he mentioned something about the "next level" so I would think he will turn pro. In watching him yesterday I was amazed how he generates so much club head speed, very dynamic on the way down, short, quick and powerful. He also appears to be a "cool customer" out there.

IMO, he should also be named first team All-American.