TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: [GAME THREAD] Baseball at Georgia State (May 16 - May 18)

Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Baseball at Georgia State (May 16 - May 18)

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    Tonight's game postponed because Georgia State simply refused to tarp the field during an afternoon thundershower. Currently 86 degrees with no rain forecast for the rest of the night and the field is now unplayable.

That entire university is absolute garbage.

Had no idea it was going to rain today. Nothing but rain and sunshine when I was at work and at least through Buckhead. Got off MARTA in Edgewood/Decatur and it was wet, the drive home it was soaking wet. The train was dry too. There was like a 20% chance or less of rain today or less. Not that is an excuse for Gag State not being ready and having a tarp on the field on a game day. You'd think whoever was in charge would have been getting things ready earlier today. A friend who played there in high school (1987-1991) said the drainage there is awful. And as many times as I have been, looks like nothing has changed much since then.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEagle08 View Post
    According to State’s site, admission is free for baseball. In case you guys are in town and want to have a few brews and overtake their stadium tonight or tomorrow...
    I could not find a ticket link and based on the past games, you did have to buy a ticket. You sure that's not that students are free?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    [COLOR=#0000cd]
    Had no idea it was going to rain today. Nothing but rain and sunshine when I was at work and at least through Buckhead. Got off MARTA in Edgewood/Decatur and it was wet, the drive home it was soaking wet. The train was dry too. There was like a 20% chance or less of rain today or less. Not that is an excuse for Gag State not being ready and having a tarp on the field on a game day. You'd think whoever was in charge would have been getting things ready earlier today. A friend who played there in high school (1987-1991) said the drainage there is awful. And as many times as I have been, looks like nothing has changed much
    I hear you, but this wasnít a matter of rain popping up when no one was around. GaSt was on the field and had to leave due to lightning prior to any rain falling. When the rain started, they never attempted to put the tarp on.

I hear you, but this wasn’t a matter of rain popping up when no one was around. GaSt was on the field and had to leave due to lightning prior to any rain falling. When the rain started, they never attempted to put the tarp on.
    WTF really???

Tonight's game postponed because Georgia State simply refused to tarp the field during an afternoon thundershower. Currently 86 degrees with no rain forecast for the rest of the night and the field is now unplayable.

That entire university is absolute garbage.
    Well, itís gagstate so.......

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    WTF really???
    Yeah. They just sat in the dugout and watched it pour.

I donít have a firsthand account, but I have it from a reliable source that their coach was overheard specifically saying that they werenít going to roll out the tarp.

I hear you, but this wasn’t a matter of rain popping up when no one was around. GaSt was on the field and had to leave due to lightning prior to any rain falling. When the rain started, they never attempted to put the tarp on.
    Thanks for posting this. I was willing to cut Gag some slack because their field is away from campus. I could see it not being manned all day long. BUT!! they were right there? I hope the pipes break in their academic buildings.

Yeah. They just sat in the dugout and watched it pour.

I don’t have a firsthand account, but I have it from a reliable source that their coach was overheard specifically saying that they weren’t going to roll out the tarp.
    Wow, guess they just didn't care?? That should be reported to the Sunbelt office.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

By letting the field become unplayable, it appears that GAGstate may be afraid to play us. Will this game be rescheduled? As usual, a classless act by Gagstate athletics.

In the meantime, root for Troy and App. If both teams win we lock up the east division tonight.

App is up 6-1 on Coastal. Troy and South Alabama are just about to start.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleDawg View Post
    By letting the field become unplayable, it appears that GAGstate may be afraid to play us. Will this game be rescheduled? As usual, a classless act by Gagstate athletics.
    DH tomorrow, 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. This is the end of the regular season. Conference tournament begins Tuesday.