TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Problen with the 2019 nay sayers predicting 6-6

Default The Problen with the 2019 nay sayers predicting 6-6

As you have read from some negative posters, besides Buzz Kill, their are a lot predicting doom and gloom for this year starting with a 6-6 season to MAYBE a 7-5. Maybe we were over our heads last year and GSU had a bunch of "over achievers" to go 9-3 and then win a bowl game. Still if thats the case those over achievers never gave in or gave up & thats the foundation for a GREAT football team! You can take new or even average players that are willing to learn their offense or defense positions over time & they will get better over time., * but to have players that are dedicated and refuse to give in is where the coaches must begin & we have those players. We also have many better than average players on our team that are advancing their skill since last year. The negative posters sure don't look at the progress GSU made last year from the 2017 and the progress they have made for 2019 that have built on from last year.

Our Head Coach even stated that last year the Offense didn't run the full Pistol Option playbook & the team has come a long way since the end of last season.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Default Re: The Problen with the 2019 nay sayers predicting 6-6

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    As you have read from some negative posters, besides Buzz Kill, their are a lot predicting doom and gloom for this year starting with a 6-6 season to MAYBE a 7-5. Maybe we were over our heads last year and GSU had a bunch of "over achievers" to go 9-3 and then win a bowl game. Still if thats the case those over achievers never gave in or gave up & thats the foundation for a GREAT football team! You can take new or even average players that are willing to learn their offense or defense positions over time & they will get better over time., * but to have players that are dedicated and refuse to give in is where the coaches must begin & we have those players. We also have many better than average players on our team that are advancing their skill since last year. The negative posters sure don't look at the progress GSU made last year from the 2017 and the progress they have made for 2019 that have built on from last year.

Our Head Coach even stated that last year the Offense didn't run the full Pistol Option playbook & the team has come a long way since the end of last season.
    It's not negative to be able to look at the reality of what this team has in front of them next season and to say " I think we will be X-X this year". Is Vegas being "negative" when they put out the win/loss over/unders for every team? Now, if someone says "we inhale vigorously and have no shot this year", yeah that's being negative. But it's not negative to look at the fact that we have our five toughest games on the road and say "we may very well have a better team this year than last, and still have a worse record than last year. It's not negative to realistically compare two teams and to say "I think team X is better than us and could probably beat us next year".

I've never said that we should "settle" or be "happy" with a loss. But we need to look at it with some perspective and not throw out the baby with the bathwater just because we lose a game.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

I think we won 2 games we probably shouldn’t have because we were overlooked due to the crappy 2017 season. However once we beat App, all bets were off and we were a target. We won’t sneak up on anyone this year so the W/L record could take a hit. I still predict we go 12-2

Who can remember the 1982 "One Eyed GSU QB" that helped lead us to a 7-3-1 record? His nick name was the Snake!

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    It's not negative to be able to look at the reality of what this team has in front of them next season and to say " I think we will be X-X this year". Is Vegas being "negative" when they put out the win/loss over/unders for every team? Now, if someone says "we inhale vigorously and have no shot this year", yeah that's being negative. But it's not negative to look at the fact that we have our five toughest games on the road and say "we may very well have a better team this year than last, and still have a worse record than last year. It's not negative to realistically compare two teams and to say "I think team X is better than us and could probably beat us next year".

I've never said that we should "settle" or be "happy" with a loss. But we need to look at it with some perspective and not throw out the baby with the bathwater just because we lose a game.

KJ - "I've never said that we should "settle" or be "happy" with a loss. But we need to look at it with some perspective and not throw out the baby with the bathwater just because we lose a game"

TALON - I agree with you in that GSU fans should not throw up our hands and cry if we lose "a game" or even 3, but for some to say this 2019 team is only capable of winning 6 games or on the outside 7. There glass is half empty.

What did Vegas say about last years GSU 2018 team? Was GSU supposed to go 9-3 and then win a bowl game after to BAD years???????

I guess I see GSUs glass as 3 quotes full rather than half empty!

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    I think we won 2 games we probably shouldn’t have because we were overlooked due to the crappy 2017 season. However once we beat App, all bets were off and we were a target. We won’t sneak up on anyone this year so the W/L record could take a hit. I still predict we go 12-2
    OF -"I think we won 2 games we probably shouldn’t have because we were overlooked"

TALON. Maybe so OF.

IMO, If the coaches from an opposing team overlooked us and didn't prepare their players then thats on them & is part of football. - Poor Coaching!

Some can call the 2018 GSU team a bunch of over achievers if they like, but that never give in attitude is hard to instill in the players after the 2016 & 2017 years.

GSU on the other hand prepared to the best of their ability for each game.

I never make a prediction about our W - L record.

I expect us to win once a week. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    I never make a prediction about our W - L record.

I expect us to win once a week. ��
    Excellent reply! Kind or an Erk ism!

9. Default Re: The Problen with the 2019 nay sayers predicting 6-6

I think it’s funny that people still credit that App victory to the QB injury.

yeah. Right. We just shredded those clowns. Shredded them and sent them home in an urn.

If we can bottle some of that stuff and keep it rolling, we are going to be blown away by the next couple of seasons.

The key here is Lunsford. He says the right stuff. He does mostly good stuff, and most importantly, he knows how to be a head coach who motivates properly. Give us a couple more seasons like the last one, and I bet he becomes our first million dollar coach.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I think it’s funny that people still credit that App victory to the QB injury.

yeah. Right. We just shredded those clowns. Shredded them and sent them home in an urn.

If we can bottle some of that stuff and keep it rolling, we are going to be blown away by the next couple of seasons.

The key here is Lunsford. He says the right stuff. He does mostly good stuff, and most importantly, he knows how to be a head coach who motivates properly. Give us a couple more seasons like the last one, and I bet he becomes our first million dollar coach.
    JC , If we can bottle some of that stuff.

Lunsford can always go to Eagle Creek! ;-)