Thread: End of the year thoughts on baseball

1. Default Re: End of the year thoughts on baseball

FYI

CCU blasted in game one against Auburn, 16-7

Default Re: End of the year thoughts on baseball

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    FYI

CCU blasted in game one against Auburn, 16-7
    yep, and I heard Auburn didn't pitch their #1.

Coastal was not that good this year. They were 3rd or 4th best in our league. Their bats got really hot on the home field. I think we beat them in a best 2 out of 3 but that game saw the momentum swing and we couldn’t catch it back in the middle innings. That’s one game baseball but I’m not opposed to a championship game. A few upsets in regionals yesterday.

CCU got a win yesterday, still in it for now.

I really wish the conference tournament was a true double elimination tournament. Anyone know why it changed? Also...any idea on how we will look next year?

Quote Originally Posted by RomanEagle47 View Post
    I really wish the conference tournament was a true double elimination tournament. Anyone know why it changed? Also...any idea on how we will look next year?
    I have no idea but it stinks. I think our starting pitchers have to get stronger/better if we plan on getting real competitive. If Curry and #4 return along with Sugarbear who will be a sophomore, I think our bats will be OK. Mitch will also be coming back from his medical redshirt and he's a pesky little hitter. I would think Noah steps into a starting OF position. Matt Anderson will be back behind the plate and I look for a better year from Avant. Next year will be all about the pitching and who steps up as our big three starters along with finding one more mule for closer.

7. Default Re: End of the year thoughts on baseball

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I have no idea but it stinks. I think our starting pitchers have to get stronger/better if we plan on getting real competitive. If Curry and #4 return along with Sugarbear who will be a sophomore, I think our bats will be OK. Mitch will also be coming back from his medical redshirt and he's a pesky little hitter. I would think Noah steps into a starting OF position. Matt Anderson will be back behind the plate and I look for a better year from Avant. Next year will be all about the pitching and who steps up as our big three starters along with finding one more mule for closer.
    IMO our hitters need to get “stronger/better if we plan on getting real competitive.” We are not going to get many pitchers better than Shuman and he was barely over .500 on the season because he didn’t have adequate run support.

8. Default Re: End of the year thoughts on baseball

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    IMO our hitters need to get “stronger/better if we plan on getting real competitive.” We are not going to get many pitchers better than Shuman and he was barely over .500 on the season because he didn’t have adequate run support.
    Shuman had leads in both tournament games and had trouble holding them. He's been really good for us, but........

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Shuman had leads in both tournament games and had trouble holding them. He's been really good for us, but........
    Yep, staked to a 6-0 lead. As a pitcher can’t ask for much more. But, our offense did not respond when they got back in the game and that was against a porous pitching staff to say the least.

Oh, just read that West Virginia's number one pitcher, the big old boy, you know, the one we should have beat like a drum, he went in first round to Toronto (smile)