TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol Sales

Default Re: Alcohol Sales

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

Paulson NEEDS alcohol sales NOW!!! No more excuses!

We all want to see GS succeed at the next level, and that ain’t cheap. Time to take down the barriers! I want a damned beer on the home side!!
    FTR, nobody NEEDS alcohol. Quite frankly, the worst experiences at any game (home or away) have been thanks to those who think they NEED to drink at a football game... except for that one time Oldfart had the worst gas and honestly, I'm not entirely certain that wasn't alcohol related as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

2. Default Re: Alcohol Sales

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Because we have been ignoring this revenue source for decades.

Even the dumpster dwellers at Gag make good money from warm beer.
    UGA is offering it in a limited capacity the same as us. GAST is the only team in Georgia that sells it through their concession stands IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    FTR, nobody NEEDS alcohol. Quite frankly, the worst experiences at any game (home or away) have been thanks to those who think they NEED to drink at a football game... except for that one time Oldfart had the worst gas and honestly, I'm not entirely certain that wasn't alcohol related as well.
    I’ll have to take your word about OF’s flatulence but I 1000% agree about the alcohol statement.

in 2016, Texas made a profit of $1.3M from alcohol sales. Their attendance for the year was 585,103. That means they made a profit of $2.22 from each person.

Our total attendance last year was 100,814. At $2.22 per person, we would have profited 223,807 if we averaged the same consumption and profit rates at Texas. Also, take in to account that their attendance is likely a much larger percentage of 21+ age group than we have at our games. You're essentially talking about a 1 percent increase in our budget. It isn't like this is going to make our athletic department millions of dollars. Will it bring in extra revenue? Sure. But I'm also not sure I want students having access to extra alcohol either. A lot of them get pretty tore up as it is. I've witnessed plenty of it first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    in 2016, Texas made a profit of $1.3M from alcohol sales. Their attendance for the year was 585,103. That means they made a profit of $2.22 from each person.

Our total attendance last year was 100,814. At $2.22 per person, we would have profited 223,807 if we averaged the same consumption and profit rates at Texas. Also, take in to account that their attendance is likely a much larger percentage of 21+ age group than we have at our games. You're essentially talking about a 1 percent increase in our budget. It isn't like this is going to make our athletic department millions of dollars. Will it bring in extra revenue? Sure. But I'm also not sure I want students having access to extra alcohol either. A lot of them get pretty tore up as it is. I've witnessed plenty of it first hand.
    Did you mean to say UGA? Pretty sure Texas State didn't total 585k on 6 home games.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

6. Default Re: Alcohol Sales

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Did you mean to say UGA? Pretty sure Texas State didn't total 585k on 6 home games.
    He/she didn’t say Texas STATE.

I’m curious why Texas is likely to have a “much larger percentage of +21” in attendance than GS.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    He/she didn’t say Texas STATE.

I’m curious why Texas is likely to have a “much larger percentage of +21” in attendance than GS.
    Oops. Carry on.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

8. Default Re: Alcohol Sales

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    40-50% of our gameday attendees are undergrad students and children. Texas is more likely to attract alumni and casual fans to their games than we are.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post

I am by no means a teetotaler and enjoy a refreshing adult beverage often, but the last thing many in our fan base needs is access to alcohol during a game ( can say the same for most college games).
    Ken Smith
    1988 -BS Computer Science
    Suwanee Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    I am by no means a teetotaler and enjoy a refreshing adult beverage often, but the last thing many in our fan base needs is access to alcohol during a game ( can say the same for most college games).
    Anyone that wants it already has access during a game.

I tell you what it will also do, increase attendance. You have no idea how many people I see on the regular tailgating that won’t go into a ballgame because the alcohol is flowing freely outside.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low