TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol Sales

Default Re: Alcohol Sales

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    I am by no means a teetotaler and enjoy a refreshing adult beverage often, but the last thing many in our fan base needs is access to alcohol during a game ( can say the same for most college games).
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Anyone that wants it already has access during a game.

I tell you what it will also do, increase attendance. You have no idea how many people I see on the regular tailgating that won’t go into a ballgame because the alcohol is flowing freely outside.
    By every definition, those folks have an alcohol problem.

Cliff, for an old guy with a fked up face, you sure seem to spend a lot of time thinking about me.
    And you can't argue the substance of any issue. You spew out hatred and ignorance and we all attempt to ignore you. I've chosen to temporarily engage enough for you to prove the point.
    You don't support GS financially. You don't regularly attend games or buy season tickets. You complain and bad-mouth about many things. You resort to personal insults and name calling when confronted with your ignorance.

Of course, all of your behavior is explained by self-loathing and guilt and shame because you expect perfection of yourself and everyone else and because you and the rest of us aren't perfect you hate it all.

You don't owe me $140. That's free.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Because we have been ignoring this revenue source for decades.

Even the dumpster dwellers at Gag make good money from warm beer.
    Gag: Out of date beer, with dead ants in the rims.
    But it was cold!

I think it'd bring more people in. (Clarification: Beer sales, not out of date with dead ants beer)
    I think I payed $9 maybe it was $7 at gast.

If we do a quarter million/year of beer sales, that might not sound like much to some but it'd go a long way if applied to assistant salaries.

5. Default Re: Alcohol Sales

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    +1
    Because I never chugged 3 beers in line and snuck a pint of whiskey into a football game.

All selling beer will do is have a bunch of beer drunk fans rather than whiskey drunk

Will need more bathrooms and monitors (both types) in all of them.

Anyone that wants it already has access during a game.

I tell you what it will also do, increase attendance. You have no idea how many people I see on the regular tailgating that won’t go into a ballgame because the alcohol is flowing freely outside.
    This is what we call a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

8. Default Re: Alcohol Sales

When I was in school, I would sneak a flask of Jim Beam in my boot, get a coke from the concession stand, and then find a secluded area to pour my cocktail. Lasted me the whole game.

I'm all for being able to buy beer through the concession stands, but just thinking back to all the **** I used to do as a student, I know it'll be next to impossible to police underaged drinking in the student section.

Quote Originally Posted by gsu6294 View Post
    Because I never chugged 3 beers in line and snuck a pint of whiskey into a football game.

All selling beer will do is have a bunch of beer drunk fans rather than whiskey drunk
    Beer drunk is better. It doesn't sneak up on you like whiskey. I mean you can get wasted either way, but by the time you feel a whisky drunk coming on, there is often so much already in the tank it's too late.

Besides, wasn't there some study that actually showed less intoxication when the stadium sales beer? People are less likely to chug down as much just before entering and less likely to smuggle in the smaller more powerful stuff?

Students can't buy in game without ID.
    I don't see this having much impact on any large % of students. They'll still pre drink and smuggle. Plus they aren't likey to pay those prices, or share if they do.

Jmop.

Quote Originally Posted by BullEagle View Post
    Will need more bathrooms and monitors (both types) in all of them.
    Monitors? Both types?

People watching us to make sure nobody is mixing drinks in the lue and tv screens?