TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neutral Site Games

Default Re: Neutral Site Games

[QUOTE=TALON;963925]So it takes 600k to rent the Benz. How much money could we make? The closer the P5 was to Atlanta the better to maximize them bringing enough fans.. Maybe a team like Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Wow... it was a simple question... "who would you like to play in a neutral site" and you guys have to go all Good Will Hunting on it. Just answer the question for crying out loud!!
    I suggested Tennessee because of their proximity to Atlanta. Any good P5 team within driving distance would do. Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina. North Carolina, but not Vanderbilt. unless they can bring 50,000+ fans with them.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

2. Default Re: Neutral Site Games

Maybe we could pre-fund a game.....

Set up some kind of link where people could pledge a certain amount to fund a game, and announce specific plans after we have the money.

Really doesn’t matter which P5 we could play there, our turnout would be impressive.

I would be down for some extra $$$$. I think it would be money well spent. A game there would be excellent for recruiting and exposure.

Depending on whom we play, I bet we could get some big name sponsors to cover it with no extra $$$ on our part. Get a top-shelf P5 to come down, and it could actually make us money.

No to neutral site games unless it is akin to the one Appy is doing with UNC. Home and home plus a neutral site, where they get paid.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    No to neutral site games unless it is akin to the one Appy is doing with UNC. Home and home plus a neutral site, where they get paid.
    This would actually work. With say a Virginia Tech or NCSU like program.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

Set up some kind of link where people could pledge a certain amount to fund a game, and announce specific plans after we have the money.

Really doesn’t matter which P5 we could play there, our turnout would be impressive.

I would be down for some extra $$$$. I think it would be money well spent. A game there would be excellent for recruiting and exposure.

Depending on whom we play, I bet we could get some big name sponsors to cover it with no extra $$$ on our part. Get a top-shelf P5 to come down, and it could actually make us money.
    Whatever you're smoking must be some good #$%^&* !

* we can't get enough season tickets, but our fans are going to "pre-fund" a game against an unnamed P5 opponent at some possible future date?
    * what exactly does "pre-fund" mean?
    * who do you think would sponsor it that is a "big name", and why would they?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Wow... it was a simple question... "who would you like to play in a neutral site" and you guys have to go all Good Will Hunting on it. Just answer the question for crying out loud!!
    thank you
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

The only way it would make sense for us to play at MBS if the opponent was Georgia Tech. That place is huge and I think it would seem dead if only 30k people were in there. To have two teams with their alumni base in Atlanta in there might would draw a pretty big crowd. Any other g5 would be too small. It also would make it tougher to cover the cost of renting the stadium. Some other second tier program might would do it but it wouldn’t be the same atmosphere or profit for either school.

The thing with neutral sight games, is programs don’t drop the price of season tickets and then force fans to buy the tickets for the neutral sight game separate. They lost concessions for that one game, but I’m guessing tickets easily make up for that.

I would love to play UCF in Jacksonville but I don’t know if they would go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    South Carolina State in Grayson.
    lol, but when Savannah builds that new 75,000 sear stadium, of course building it with us in mind.................

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

* Good Friend JC!

You're asking GSU fans to pledge for an uncertain outcome that may sill put GSU in the red.

I think it is better to visit a P5 team, win & get paid. LIKE THE GOPHERS!

A game at a neutral site is still not a real home game for GSU - IMO.

JUST MY OPINION.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    lol, but when Savannah builds that new 75,000 sear stadium, of course building it with us in mind.................
    I really wish they’d build a 25-35K seat stadium for a bowl game and for HS football.

With such a stadium, we could probably bring a P5 every single year.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops