TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

Default Re: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

Favorite Play at Paulson (Recent)

https://youtu.be/3Jxdw5Pszsw?t=26

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    No one could ever accuse JJ of not giving everything he had.

One of my favorite plays of his was his TD run vs NDSU in 2012. I think I remember hearing the rocket toss was supposed to come to his side but McKinnon audibled and Wilcox ran it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Claydus View Post
    Favorite Play at Paulson (Recent)

https://youtu.be/3Jxdw5Pszsw?t=26

I loved that play. And I don’t just mean the result of that play but the play itself. We did some serious damage with that play in ‘14 and ‘15.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Lot's of great plays, but The Tracy Ham to Frankie Johnson pass in 85 championship game vs Furman has to be the top play of all time!!! At least for me. The pure joy and excitment around that play remains unmatched for me.
    Man there are way to many great plays from the past especially from our 1aa days to choose 1.

*APs RUN & Son of the Run

*(TIM FOLEY's 63 yard field goal in 1987 that put GSC back into the game & set the record for longest field goal at the time!)*
    *Tim's record -"One the most accurate placekickers in Division 1-AA history... Set every Georgia Southern kicking record during his four-year career... Held 16 Eagle records... Kicked 17 field goals in 1987, breaking his previous high of 16 of two years earlier... Converted 50 point after attempts in 1984... Stands second on the all-time scoring chart with 296 points... Set or tied seven NCAA I-AA kicking marks, including season accuracy (16 of 17 in 1985) and distance (63 yards vs. James Madison in 1987)... .. Booted overtime field goal in 31-28 victory over Maine in the first round of the 1987 playoffs."

Raymond Gross -Best pitch I ever saw was when Quarterback Raymond Gross took the right outside corner, ran 17 yards down field with his pitch man in place, pitched it at the exact time he was leveled by a safety, his "A" back caught it, turned on the after burners and scored a TD. Anyone remember that game & the "A" back?

Tracy HAM - to many to count. The whole second half of the 85 championship game where they let his passing game take over.
    Ending with the Tracy Ham to Frankie Johnson pass in the 85 NC game vs Furman & GSCs first NC win.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    You guys have already hit on a few of mine in the last play vs UF, App St fumble in OT. and the INT vs Furman. The last play vs ULM in 2014 is in there as well. Probably the reverse to beat Ark St last year would be in there too.

Honestly I will remember Banks run more than McKinnons in the UF game.

Im sure there are more. Those are just the ones on the top of my head.
    I thought yours was P-44 Haynes. Just messing half.
    Lee Jones
    C/O 2012
    B.M. in Music Ed
    Crawford, Ga
    Section 110

OAS AAS LLS

Got to be either #1 goes down or one of the freakish things that Foster did. I swear there was a play at App in 07 that head had all 11 Mountaineers in a scrum around him and he squirted out for a TD.
    Lee Jones
    C/O 2012
    B.M. in Music Ed
    Crawford, Ga
    Section 110

OAS AAS LLS

2015 UGA forced fumble by Antoine Williams with scoop & score by Caleb Williams. The stunned silence of Sanford(minus one particular corner) was beautiful. I knew we were going to be in it until the end after that. I still can't believe we let 'em off the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    https://youtu.be/Tuim_sosDdI?t=7657

Here's the Banks run. Fox didn't return from the commercial break in time, but you can see where he gets caught.
    Clicked to watch that run...had to watch the rest to the end. Man I forgot how close we came to losing that game on the next to last play, UF allllllmost scored a TD if their QB had made a bit better pass to Dunbar. So glad we pulled that one out!!
    Chris Booth
    Class of '09
    Hail Southern and nobody else!

9. Default Re: Your Favorite GS Football Play.....

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleEagle View Post
    I gotta go with Taz Dixon's interception to put us in FG range to win the 1989 NC game and cap a perfect season - Erk's last season and last game. It was a magical day.
    That's the one that came to mind.

The reverse against Ark State late in the fourth quarter (2018) to win the game!. Pure beauty!