0 0%
  • 2014 Georgia Tech

4 4.12%
  • 2015 UGA

69 71.13%
  • Other

5 5.15%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Football loss you'd most like to have back?

Default Re: Football loss you'd most like to have back?

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    I would like to have them all back......
    Plus One.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    1998 UMass?
    We were never supposed to be close or win that game in Athens. We were an offensive juggernaut i 1998, Umass had like 200 fans there, we had over 10K. We should have steamrolled them. We never punted a single time, scored or turnover. They couldn't stop us on offense.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    THIS is a good point...
    If we win AND Sewak is retained
    APP never gets Armanti Edwards
    Not likely that APP gets its national championships and likely that we get 1 or 2 more
    They still win 1 without him because they did when he was a senior in high school for the first one.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    They still win 1 without him because they did when he was a senior in high school for the first one.

As good as Edwards was the reality is you have to put an * beside pretty much all those spread option QB’s in that 2007-2010 range because we really don’t know how good they were. All of those QB’s were playing on offenses that were ahead of its time. Basically I don’t know how much was Edwards and how much was just App’s offense being such an advantage. Obviously it was a combination of the two but could another QB have come in and done something similar to Edwards? Based on what they did in 2005 I would say yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    As good as Edwards was the reality is you have to put an * beside pretty much all those spread option QB’s in that 2007-2010 range because we really don’t know how good they were. All of those QB’s were playing on offenses that were ahead of its time. Basically I don’t know how much was Edwards and how much was just App’s offense being such an advantage. Obviously it was a combination of the two but could another QB have come in and done something similar to Edwards? Based on what they did in 2005 I would say yes.
    Yup, and that's why I keep saying here and on CSN that people penciling in App as Sun Belt champions are underestimating Scott Satterfield. He basically started building that offense in 2003 when Urban Meyer was just starting at Utah and before Rich Rodriguez had any accomplishments to speak of at WVU. And of course when he became head coach he evolved the offense again in a way that's allowed him to make guys like Zac Thomas and Darrynton Evans look better than they are. The guy will be considered a top-10 coach in a few years, mark my words.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    That’s a tough list to pick one from. But I’m going NDSU 2012. Win that game and we are most likely national champions in out last year of eligibility. The move up was sweet but to win the FCS title and then do it would have been very fitting. Second place would probably be 2001 Furman.

As much I would like to have back any of the 3 FBS losses under Fritz at the end of the day winning or losing those games wouldn’t have changed our season.
    Valid point but my question is would another FCS national championship done more for the program than a win over UGA? Tough call IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Valid point but my question is would another FCS national championship done more for the program than a win over UGA? Tough call IMO.
    Another FCS championship would've guaranteed another trophy in the trophy case. A win over UGA would've guaranteed nothing. Memphis beat Peyton Manning and a top 10 Tennessee team in 1996 and it didn't do jack for their program.

2011 GS vs Alabama. I'd like to have that one back as a W.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post

Honestly I don’t think a single win on this list would have the program in any different of a spot than it is today. The win over UGA would have been great for about 2 weeks. We would still have been blown out by Ga St and still would have hired Tyson Summers.

If I had to pick one win that maybe could have actually affected the program for longer than just that day it would without a question be GT. They would have come back to us wanting another game and we would have had all the power. It’s very possible a win there could have let to either a home and home or a 2 for 1 with GT.

For one day though yeah the clear answer is UGA. But long run no neither beating NDSU or UGA would have done anything for the program.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hcjim999 View Post
    Maybe hesitate a little since we played them in 2004.
    Typo