0 0%
  • 2014 Georgia Tech

4 4.12%
  • 2015 UGA

69 71.13%
  • Other

5 5.15%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Football loss you'd most like to have back?

Default Re: Football loss you'd most like to have back?

Quote Originally Posted by blueballs View Post
    2005 Texas State

That loss set the program back 5 years and led to arguably the worst hire (Summers is right up there) in the history of the program. It also gave App State an opening that they ran through and stole a lot of what might have been GS's recruits and ultimately success.
    I remember talking to my dad on the phone in the 3rd quarter and he mentioned having the game in the bag. Nothing good happened after that.
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by blueballs View Post
    2005 Texas State

That loss set the program back 5 years and led to arguably the worst hire (Summers is right up there) in the history of the program. It also gave App State an opening that they ran through and stole a lot of what might have been GS's recruits and ultimately success.
    +1000
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

3. Default Re: Football loss you'd most like to have back?

Quote Originally Posted by southern edumacation View Post
    I remember talking to my dad on the phone in the 3rd quarter and he mentioned having the game in the bag. Nothing good happened after that.

******!

So, you’re the jinx?!?

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Honestly I don’t think a single win on this list would have the program in any different of a spot than it is today. The win over UGA would have been great for about 2 weeks. We would still have been blown out by Ga St and still would have hired Tyson Summers.

If I had to pick one win that maybe could have actually affected the program for longer than just that day it would without a question be GT. They would have come back to us wanting another game and we would have had all the power. It’s very possible a win there could have let to either a home and home or a 2 for 1 with GT.

For one day though yeah the clear answer is UGA. But long run no neither beating NDSU or UGA would have done anything for the program.
    Wrong.
    Beating UGA = bragging rights FOREVER!!!

Or until we leverage that into a rematch at Our House. They'd never play in Statesboro you say? Fine with me, we'd own them then.

No win would have done more, unless you wanna claim Alabama, but I assumed we were talking about games we "shoulda,woulda, coulda"

What about that time we led Florida State into the fourth quarter? Can I get that one and that first Auburn as a win bartender? What might have been the "arc" of the program then?

And can I chase that with a 2015 uga win and a 2014 GT win?

In regards to the 1988 NC game with furman. I maybe leave that one as a Loss. Just because I'm afraid ERK might have taken the UGA job had he finished with a national championship that year. Or is my memory and time line wrong on that?

7. Default Re: Football loss you'd most like to have back?

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglerado View Post
    Wrong.
    Beating UGA = bragging rights FOREVER!!!

Or until we leverage that into a rematch at Our House. They'd never play in Statesboro you say? Fine with me, we'd own them then.

No win would have done more, unless you wanna claim Alabama, but I assumed we were talking about games we "shoulda,woulda, coulda"
    +1

A win over GT would not be better for the program than a win against UGA, and we would have leverage for a rematch with either program after a win.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    +1

A win over GT would not be better for the program than a win against UGA, and we would have leverage for a rematch with either program after a win.
    +1. We could savor that W for a long, long time.

I still got to say, the two losses in 2014 vs NCState and GT. really were HUGE. We had BOTH games, win them and WOW, possibly the countries perception of GS FBS football would certainly have been enhanced. Not to mention, those would have been two P5 wins in a single season rather than "hay, we knocked off so and so in 89, so and so in 98 etc....."

The loss was taken from us in 2015 by the SEC refs. As an official, there is no bigger sin than the IW. Easiest call to make in the history of the game.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low