Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Join in the lsu discussion

Default Re: Join in the lsu discussion

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    UGA thought they were ready.

I’m sure UF thought they were double ready.

We shall see.

I’m all for optimism, but that is not even close to an even comparison. Georgia was playing amidst all sorts of turmoil and that Florida team was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I’m all for optimism, but that is not even close to an even comparison. Georgia was playing amidst all sorts of turmoil and that Florida team was terrible.
    We got a chance, an offense in transition not wanting to show too much before the Texas game and we are a pretty good football team, we find a way to move the ball and score a few times, play solid defense, and get a break or two and this game will be way closer than LSU wants it to be. I think we play them close and then they beat Texas the next week.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

Troy just beat LSU two years ago. This is not an un-winnable game in any stretch of the imagination.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    We got a chance, an offense in transition not wanting to show too much before the Texas game and we are a pretty good football team, we find a way to move the ball and score a few times, play solid defense, and get a break or two and this game will be way closer than LSU wants it to be. I think we play them close and then they beat Texas the next week.
    I can get behind that more than comparing a pretty deep LSU team to a mediocre Georgia team and an awful Florida team.

6. Default Re: Join in the lsu discussion

I’ve been to a couple of games in Baton Rouge...I think it’s one of the best college game experiences.

do yourself a favor and get to Baton Rouge on Friday night...make a reservation for Ruffinos Steakhouse...it’s a blast

also, make sure you walk around the tailgate area closest to the stadium...you will be invited into some of the best food scenes you can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleDad View Post
    I’ve been to a couple of games in Baton Rouge...I think it’s one of the best college game experiences.

do yourself a favor and get to Baton Rouge on Friday night...make a reservation for Ruffinos Steakhouse...it’s a blast

also, make sure you walk around the tailgate area closest to the stadium...you will be invited into some of the best food scenes you can imagine.
    ive heard it’s a great experience and I think we will play them tough I have more confidence going into this game then the Clemson game, coming off a 10-3 season will do that for you.

GS vs P5 openers* -
    All-time record - 0-9
    Avg score - GS - 13, P5 - 40
    Largest margin of defeat - @#6 Miami - 0-56, 9-3-94
    Closest game - @NC State 23-24

I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm. Any given saturday and all that, but, let's not get carried away here.

*stats courtesy www.gatadb.com

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    GS vs P5 openers* -
    All-time record - 0-9

Honestly, that's probably not much different from the average score on games that aren't the first game of the year as well.

I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm. Any given saturday and all that, but, let's not get carried away here.

Remove 4 of the 9 seasons where we either didn't make the playoffs in FCS or had a losing FBS season (i.e. 2017) that score becomes 36-14. Remove the massive WVU outlier where our starting QB was suspended and it becomes 35-18. These numbers have to have context because those 9 seasons aren't a good representation of all of our seasons.

Honestly, I'm not going to buy that LSU is going to spend much more time than they'd usually spend on a G5 opponent for an opener. WVU could do that in 2015 with their first 4 weeks being GS, Liberty, Bye, Maryland, but LSU doesn't have anything like that.

I see 2 scenarios in this game. Either LSU keeps their cards hidden from Texas and they win 28-13 or we jump all over them early and force them to go full throttle and we lose 41-27. Their offense (at least what they did last season) doesn't scare me at all.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

10. Default Re: Join in the lsu discussion

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    GS vs P5 openers* -
    All-time record - 0-9

The only silver lining I can find in this game is that LSU is going to be keeping everything on offense very vanilla. Ed O isn't going to show the cards to his new offense against a G5 the week before a marquee matchup against Texas.