Default CFN - Ranking SBC Head Coaches

Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    gsufans.com member since 2007
    Sugar Hill, GA

Default Re: CFN - Ranking SBC Head Coaches

How in the world would Napier be number one?
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

I think Napier is a media darling because of his recruiting classes, though I'll say he deserves credit for what he did with a fairly big and slow team last season. I'll put him #1 but he needs to win at least 8 to stay there.

Drinkwitz at #4 is too high. He hasn't done anything yet, his coaching staff isn't that impressive and he's really Tyson Summers esque in interviews.

Shawn Elliott is too low. Some sports pundits think the wins should produce themselves because of Atlanta and the stadium, but when you have 3 consecutive head coaches with losing records it's probably not the coaches.

Viator in last is ridiculous. He's not great but he's at least got ULM competing again and being good on offense.

This is how I'd rank:
    1. Napier
    2. Lunsford
    3. Chadwell
    4. Anderson
    5. Viator
    6. Elliott
    7. Lindsey
    8. Spavital
    9. Drinkwitz
    10. Campbell
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Chadwell at #3 is WAY overrated.

In fact, I'd probably have to put Anderson at 2, if not 1. Napier may have authored a "bounce back" season at ULL, but that program had fielded winners consistently over the previous decade before Hudspeth flamed out.

I agree that the article is too hard on Elliot and Viator, who have two of the toughest jobs in the country.

It's virtually impossible to rank SBC coaches when 9 out of 10 of them have led an FBS program for fewer than two seasons. Seven of them have either none or one full season as head coaches at the FBS level.

This is why I feel that the SBC preseason predictions I've seen are likely to turn out (very) wrong.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post

In fact, I'd probably have to put Anderson at 2, if not 1. Napier may have authored a "bounce back" season at ULL, but that program had fielded winners consistently over the previous decade before Hudspeth flamed out.

I agree that the article is too hard on Elliot and Viator, who have two of the toughest jobs in the country.

It's virtually impossible to rank SBC coaches when 9 out of 10 of them have led an FBS program for fewer than two seasons. Seven of them have either none or one full season as head coaches at the FBS level.

This is why I feel that the SBC preseason predictions I've seen are likely to turn out (very) wrong.
    But, The Hair...
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post

Well...
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.