TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: App’s Schedule.....

Default Re: App’s Schedule.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    No chance they are undefeated that late in the season. Not sold on anyone on that coaching staff.
    Why not, are any of them named Hennon?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Yep.

They ain’t gonna have anywhere near the season everyone thinks.
    I hope you're right, but I am not betting on it til I see it. Just because we had a Summers, does not mean that they will.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

3. Default Re: App’s Schedule.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    No chance they are undefeated that late in the season. Not sold on anyone on that coaching staff.
    I think their defense will take a step back. Ted Roof led defenses have always finished at or just above the middle of the pack in the FBS. He was going to try and bring in the 4-3 to App, but after spring decided he was going to try his hand at the 3-4. So you've got an average DC coaching a scheme that he doesn't have a lot of experience with.

Drinkwitz has a history of success as an OC, and seeing as he will be the play caller for App, I think their offense will pick up where it left off.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    I think their defense will take a step back. Ted Roof led defenses have always finished at or just above the middle of the pack in the FBS. He was going to try and bring in the 4-3 to App, but after spring decided he was going to try his hand at the 3-4. So you've got an average DC coaching a scheme that he doesn't have a lot of experience with.

Drinkwitz has a history of success as an OC, and seeing as he will be the play caller for App, I think their offense will pick up where it left off.
    HC needs to be focused on the program as a whole though. There's a lot more to it than just calling plays.

He may be taking on too much.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    HC needs to be focused on the program as a whole though. There's a lot more to it than just calling plays.

He may be taking on too much.
    Hopefully they'll do as well as Coastal did under similar circumstances.

App doesn't have the weapons at receiver to even hope to replicate what Drinkwitz did at NC State or Boise State. You can go back and watch our game with App versus our games against Ark State, Troy, and ULM and see a clear difference. They may have lost their starting QB but we had their receivers locked down all night. If their new head coach can build an offense around their personnel and run it well they can be really good on offense but they're not going to go from throwing it 30% of the time to throwing it 50% of the time and not regress some.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

7. Default Re: App’s Schedule.....

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post

Roof is a surprising hire for them.

I think he had a lot to do with PJ getting the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    App doesn't have the weapons at receiver to even hope to replicate what Drinkwitz did at NC State or Boise State. You can go back and watch our game with App versus our games against Ark State, Troy, and ULM and see a clear difference. They may have lost their starting QB but we had their receivers locked down all night. If their new head coach can build an offense around their personnel and run it well they can be really good on offense but they're not going to go from throwing it 30% of the time to throwing it 50% of the time and not regress some.
    Not trying to be a debbie downer but Sutton had a decent game and he was open on at least two more occasions deep down the field and the QB didn't see him. I don't know that Thomas makes those mistakes.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Formerly known as TrueBlueAlum

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Why not, are any of them named Hennon?
    Now that is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I hope you're right, but I am not betting on it til I see it. Just because we had a Summers, does not mean that they will.
    I'm fine with them having a Hatcher
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.