TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to transitioning away from the Eagle logo?

Default Re: What happened to transitioning away from the Eagle logo?

Thanks for referring to our blog PowerEagle. Unfortunately this is why I had to move on. Too many fans want too many logos and I couldn't keep up with all the individual demands since some fans prefer this logo to that logo etc. I'm happy for SXC for doing what we had intended to do when we started the company in 2012. I will be honest that all was well until Tyson, then the wheels fell off and I couldn't (and still can't) sell down my existing inventories. Thus leading to us pulling away at this time. We hope to come back with some special items every now and then and will continue to keep up with our social media accounts (just because I LOVE MY EAGLES!). The good old boys club is tighter than ever and since I'm not in the 'boro I'm an outsider. I tried Eagle Nation! Thank you for all your support and business over the years! Hail Southern And No Place Else!!!

BTW, I still have inventory I'm trying to sell. You can find some items on our Facebook Page Shop and we are selling some on eBay but to little fan fare. Hopefully I will load it all up in a trailer and have a blow out sell on the side of the road in Statesboro before the 1st home game lol. But GSU probably shut that down since they have a official partnership with SXC now. If you are interested in what I have, send me an email: campusfanz@gmail.com

Thanks!!
    Andy

2. Default Re: What happened to transitioning away from the Eagle logo?

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Here's a good read from Hail-Southern.com regarding the logo situation. And I agree with him completely, we need to simplify and move forward.

https://www.hail-southern.com/blogs/...of-distinction
    That was a good read. I agree that we need just a primary and secondary, but honestly have no idea which I'd pick.

There are good points made about the variety of logos. I have a preference for the academic logo and baseball logo but I don't dislike any of them. When I get frustrated about our poor alumni support, USG support, and regional support, I have to take a step back and remember who we are and recognize the ceiling. East Carolina is our goal. Growing our fan base in the 75 mile radius of Statesboro is the challenge. That's a lot of Dawg Country, but GS Football was started by several Dawgs. We spend a lot targeting the Atlanta market. How much do we spend to spark interest in Toombs, Tattnall, Effingham, Bryan, Laurens, Wayne? These counties and those in between contain about 300,000 people. The next marketing level is Richmond, Chatham, Liberty, and Glenn which have about 630,000 people. Along with Bulloch, that's about a million people who should be seeing Georgia Southern all over the place. Getting more people in these places to feel ownership of Georgia Southern, their backyard University, is he key to growing our modest-giving donor base, season ticket holders and overall attendance. These aren't wealthy places, but they have some expendable income and most of the own some Georgia Bulldog clothing.

4. Default Re: What happened to transitioning away from the Eagle logo?

I have a ton of gear with Georgia Southern under the Eagle head because I live far away and I like to have the school name spelled out to limit confusion (and increase awareness) for people unfamiliar with the brand.

However, at the end of the day, all we really need to circulate is the academic logo and the baseball GS logo. JMHO.

5. Default Re: What happened to transitioning away from the Eagle logo?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I have a ton of gear with Georgia Southern under the Eagle head because I live far away and I like to have the school name spelled out to limit confusion (and increase awareness) for people unfamiliar with the brand.

However, at the end of the day, all we really need to circulate is the academic logo and the baseball GS logo. JMHO.
    I don't ever want the academic logo to go away (and it won't), but I don't see how it could be incorporated with athletics at this point. In my opinion, the current logo should be the primary for all athletics excluding baseball, and the baseball logo should be the secondary. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing the baseball logo stitched onto the sleeves of our football uniforms *ducks

6. Default Re: What happened to transitioning away from the Eagle logo?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    There are good points made about the variety of logos. I have a preference for the academic logo and baseball logo but I don't dislike any of them. When I get frustrated about our poor alumni support, USG support, and regional support, I have to take a step back and remember who we are and recognize the ceiling. East Carolina is our goal. Growing our fan base in the 75 mile radius of Statesboro is the challenge. That's a lot of Dawg Country, but GS Football was started by several Dawgs. We spend a lot targeting the Atlanta market. How much do we spend to spark interest in Toombs, Tattnall, Effingham, Bryan, Laurens, Wayne? These counties and those in between contain about 300,000 people. The next marketing level is Richmond, Chatham, Liberty, and Glenn which have about 630,000 people. Along with Bulloch, that's about a million people who should be seeing Georgia Southern all over the place. Getting more people in these places to feel ownership of Georgia Southern, their backyard University, is he key to growing our modest-giving donor base, season ticket holders and overall attendance. These aren't wealthy places, but they have some expendable income and most of the own some Georgia Bulldog clothing.
    We should be looking to Troy for help with this. They are in Southeast Alabama which has half the population of Southeast Georgia yet they draw very well for games and even recently expanded their stadium. They have billboards up and down the highway of that part of the state with phrases like “you’re in Trojan Territory” or “It’s T Time” and I always see them when I drive to Panama City or Tallahassee. I don’t know why we don’t put similar billboards along I-16 and I-95 staking Southeast Georgia as our “territory”

7. Default Re: What happened to transitioning away from the Eagle logo?

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    I don't ever want the academic logo to go away (and it won't), but I don't see how it could be incorporated with athletics at this point. In my opinion, the current logo should be the primary for all athletics excluding baseball, and the baseball logo should be the secondary. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing the baseball logo stitched onto the sleeves of our football uniforms *ducks
    I think that would be great, in fact, I've been a long time advocate of adding the baseball GS to (at least one side) of the helmets.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    We should be looking to Troy for help with this. They are in Southeast Alabama which has half the population of Southeast Georgia yet they draw very well for games and even recently expanded their stadium. They have billboards up and down the highway of that part of the state with phrases like “you’re in Trojan Territory” or “It’s T Time” and I always see them when I drive to Panama City or Tallahassee. I don’t know why we don’t put similar billboards along I-16 and I-95 staking Southeast Georgia as our “territory”
    I don't know about I-95, but there are multiple GS billboards on I-16 and on 301.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post

Mostly because, I am assuming, you like those two the best. My three favorites are the academic logo, baseball GS, and Eagle Head with Georgia Southern spelled out below it.

All schools have multiple logos and use them for different things. But they typically have two or three that are the most recognizable and most used. I don't think we are that different from most others.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

10. Default Re: What happened to transitioning away from the Eagle logo?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Troy plays the same ‘estimated attendance’ nonsense as Gag.

From What I’ve seen, their actual attendance in recent years is pathetic.

I watched a game a couple years back at Troy and their stands were plain sad. Definitely less than 1k there, and o bet they called it 17k.