TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What happened to transitioning away from the Eagle logo?

1. Default Re: What happened to transitioning away from the Eagle logo?

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Because we paid to have the logos created and they are property and registered trademarks of Georgia Southern. The entire idea was to create our own "brand" of eagle... not use something recycled like so many other schools/high schools. The design of the eagle head and the font are Georgia Southern specific.
    Practically every HS does that.

I think they should ask permission, but I see no reason to not grant it as long as they stick their own name somewhere.

HS football isn't a commercial enterprise which affects us or competes with our sales.

Default Re: What happened to transitioning away from the Eagle logo?

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Because we paid to have the logos created and they are property and registered trademarks of Georgia Southern. The entire idea was to create our own "brand" of eagle... not use something recycled like so many other schools/high schools. The design of the eagle head and the font are Georgia Southern specific.
    Here's an example from South Forsyth High School. Not sure if they use this logo anymore, but they did when I went to Forsyth Central.

Also, you want people to associate those logos with GS, not the random high school down the road.

4. Default Re: What happened to transitioning away from the Eagle logo?

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Here's an example from South Forsyth High School. Not sure if they use this logo anymore, but they did when I went to Forsyth Central.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Practically every HS does that.

I think they should ask permission, but I see no reason to not grant it as long as they stick their own name somewhere.

HS football isn't a commercial enterprise which affects us or competes with our sales.
    "They should ask permission"... your own words. However, they haven't. Instea they have used our registered trademark without permission. Should our marketing department just turn the other way and ignore it?
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post

Colonial Forge isn't even trying to hide it... colors and all.

Edit... doesn't look like that's the school doing that one or they got a letter and quit using it. The current logo is this:

7. Default Re: What happened to transitioning away from the Eagle logo?

Why does it matter that they use that logo? We don’t even use that logo anymore.

My high school used a combination of Navy’s block N and Columbus State’s cougar head. And our fight song was the Notre Dame Victory March. Most high schools do this.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Why does it matter that they use that logo? We don’t even use that logo anymore.

My high school used a combination of Navy’s block N and Columbus State’s cougar head. And our fight song was the Notre Dame Victory March. Most high schools do this.
    Because it's a registered trademark.

The NFL has come out and stated they have no issue with high school teams using the logos. Colleges see it differently. Oregon State is another school that actively protects their intellectual property.

Get this, my HS in NY had the UGA "G" on their football helmet same color red,white and black. If I only knew then what I know now.

The only eagle head look I like is the one of the eagle looking straight at you but I would imagine that would be difficult to produce for decals etc. now that is one intimidating look!