TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

View Poll Results: What is the most embarassing loss ever for the football program?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Troy 1992

3 5.08%
  • West Georgia 1994

9 15.25%
  • Central Connecticut State 2006

8 13.56%
  • Georgia State 2015

37 62.71%
  • Other

2 3.39%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Most embarassing loss ever

Default Re: Most embarassing loss ever

Nathan Deal was in the presidentís box for that game....so embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    That makes it even worse.

He is not a bad coach. But he didn’t prepare at all for that game. Gag was a horrible team. We had absolutely no business not beating them by 20 points or more.

Or perhaps, he threw it purposely. Either way, it was a bad way to go out, and an insult to ever team member and fan.

Willie is a classless turd.
    Yup. No one will ever be able to convince me the coaches were going at full throttle that week, especially with all the supposed drama going on behind the scenes.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Yup. No one will ever be able to convince me the coaches were going at full throttle that week, especially with all the supposed drama going on behind the scenes.
    Several former players on Twitter said we worked on BG that week. Everyone overlooked them including the staff, fans, and the players. You want to know why Saban when playing a FCS acts like they are the Patriots? This is a prime example.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Several former players on Twitter said we worked on BG that week. Everyone overlooked them including the staff, fans, and the players. You want to know why Saban when playing a FCS acts like they are the Patriots? This is a prime example.
    That is a cool story, but evidently wrong. That game was played on December 5, 2015 and the announcement of our opponent and bowl game was made on December 6. At least that is what my Google search shows.

All of those losses were embarrassing, very embarrassing! I chose the Georgia State game though because we did have a competent coach and very good players and there is no way we should’ve lost that game. Tim Stowers turned out to be less of a coach than expected, the one whose name will not be spoken turned out to be a complete douche bag, Willie Fritz was capable of winning that game.

2017 UNH was horribly embarrassing. The game was moved to Birmingham due to a Hurricane coming towards the Boro. I was so excited because the game was only 2 hrs away from my house, and I getting to see a win in legendary Legions Field. It ended up being such an embarrassing beat down. I absolutely gave up on traveling to games at that time until Summers was gone. Then my prayers were answered after an equally embarrassing loss to an awful UMass team.

I guess it all depends on how you define embarrassing. The Ga St loss inhale vigorouslyed bad no question but a lot of you are acting like we lost to a winless team that day. That was a .500 team that went to a bowl game. We’ve definitely had more embarrassing moments. To me losing to UNH blows the Ga St loss away when it comes to embarrassing. And Central Connecticut blows the UNH loss away.

Playing the game in Birmingham probably saved the UNH game some embarrassment. I mean we were losing that game no matter where it was played. It would be more embarrassing if it happened in Paulson.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

2004 New Hampshire. I had to be there for Southern Pride so my family came down for thanksgiving. Such a terrific team put in a rain storm that our offense could (should) excel in. Iím still annoyed by it.

Ok found one, didn't mention BG at all so I was mistaken.

Last edited by 1peatfor7; 11th July 2019 at 07:48 PM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

10. Default Re: Most embarassing loss ever

To me, embarrassment = high expectations vs poor outcome, regardless of the opponent. The 2017 Auburn game was really bad. I know it was a P5 team and all that, but they completely dominated that game. Just couldnít even finish watching it. I was hoping it would have at least been as competitive as the last time we played Auburn in the 90s, but didnít turn out that way.

Also, the West Virginia game felt similar to me. High expectations, but just just wasnít a competitive game.