TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilcox Out

Default Wilcox Out

JJ Wilcox went down with a torn ACL during the first practice at Falcons training camp. I hate it for him. I was hoping he'd have a good run back in his home state. Best wishes for a full recovery.
    Link:
    https://www.ajc.com/sports/football/...z1pkxyspAgtlM/
    We had plain white pants, we had plain navy-blue shirts, a number on the front and a number on the back. We couldn't even put a stripe down the middle of our helmets. We used a strip of tape. ... Those kind of things screamed, 'TEAM!' - Erk Russell

Default Re: Wilcox Out

Damn

3. Default Re: Wilcox Out

Rotten luck.....

And to have it written up in the ajc.

Just awful.

”a second option” on the injury......

Who writes for crappy paper anymore? A brain damaged squirrel?

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Rotten luck.....

And to have it written up in the ajc.

Just awful.

”a second option” on the injury......

Who writes for crappy paper anymore? A brain damaged squirrel?
    Why wouldn’t it be written up in the ajc? I think a player signed ads free agent tearing his acl is news and D. Orlando Ledbetter is a beat reporter who is paid to report news. Also, he is considered to be one of the best football writers in the country. He was president of the Pro football writers association for two years.

Per Sportrac he had $200K fully guaranteed for this season out of $975K. It was only a 1 year deal so I highly doubt JJ goes on the IR since this is a one year or longer typically injury. Not sure how things work out financially with his contract. Since it was football/practice related the NFLPA has specific rules.

Good luck for a speedy recovery!!
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

That inhales vigorously! I was hoping to see him do great things, and it has to inhale vigorously to get a chance to finally play for your "home town team" and then have it stopped before it even gets started with an injury. Wishing a full and speedy recovery for him.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Army Eagle View Post
    Damn
    +1000, JJ was one of my favorite Eagle. The young man is nothing but a Class Act! I feel terrible for him. At least he got that guarantee money. JJ will bounce back, he is the type of kid that will be successful even after his playing days.

8. Default Re: Wilcox Out

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1000, JJ was one of my favorite Eagle. The young man is nothing but a Class Act! I feel terrible for him. At least he got that guarantee money. JJ will bounce back, he is the type of kid that will be successful even after his playing days.
    That’s just the way the game goes though. Unless he got the same financial advise as Adrian Peterson ( not ours) he should have a leg up on the rest of his life and if he works as hard post NFL as he did at the game of FB he will be very successful. Hope for a speedy recovery.
    "Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."

Colin Powell

9. Default Re: Wilcox Out

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Per Sportrac he had $200K fully guaranteed for this season out of $975K. It was only a 1 year deal so I highly doubt JJ goes on the IR since this is a one year or longer typically injury. Not sure how things work out financially with his contract. Since it was football/practice related the NFLPA has specific rules.

Good luck for a speedy recovery!!
    I'm not saying that it shouldn't be written up in the sjc.

I'm saying that the ajc is staffed by a bunch of clowns who can't write.

10. Default Re: Wilcox Out

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I'm not saying that it shouldn't be written up in the sjc.

I'm saying that the ajc is staffed by a bunch of clowns who can't write.
    It's print news... I still read it everyday but just looking around at my younger workmates, it's def going the way of the horse and buggy, so who cares.