TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Basketball

  1. #11

    Default Re: Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Game On View Post
    Repeating my question if anyone knows the answer:

    Only question is that he played one season at Savannah St., transferred to Eastern Washington and sat out a season. Will he be eligible to play this season as a walk-on without sitting out another season?
    He will, but I really don’t think it will matter.
    He will be a extra big on a long bench. Look for us to play a lot of small lineups this year

  2. Default Re: Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    He will, but I really don’t think it will matter.
    He will be a extra big on a long bench. Look for us to play a lot of small lineups this year
    For discussion purposes, it seems to me we have peaked playing that way. Any chance we might tweak our style to be prepared to play when the game gets slowed down? Who's gonna compensate for Tookie?

  3. #13

    Default Re: Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    For discussion purposes, it seems to me we have peaked playing that way. Any chance we might tweak our style to be prepared to play when the game gets slowed down? Who's gonna compensate for Tookie?
    I agree,......we should tweak our style, but I don’t think that’s going to happen. CB is pretty set with his style/system.
    The coaching staff believes the loss of Tookie will make a more balanced team and harder to prepare for. They are not expecting a drop off in team performance. I expect us to have a good year, but the following year has me worried (I’m really concerned about our bigs that year)

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    28,580

    Default Re: Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    I agree,......we should tweak our style, but I don’t think that’s going to happen. CB is pretty set with his style/system.
    The coaching staff believes the loss of Tookie will make a more balanced team and harder to prepare for. They are not expecting a drop off in team performance. I expect us to have a good year, but the following year has me worried (I’m really concerned about our bigs that year)

    Agree we are who we are. As for Tookie this is probably going to sound weird to a lot of people but I don’t think losing him is going to be that big of a deal. Tookie was a very consistent player and one of the best we’ve had but he never really seemed to “rise to the occasion” in the big games and big moments to me. I know he had a buzzer beater and some big shots but he went missing way too much for a “Star” to me. Look no further than his last game in Hanner. He had a good start and then basically disappeared for the last 20 minutes.

    For me Ike and Quan are too similar a player to both be starting. I wish we could find a lineup where Quan could be the 6th man and first guy off the bench. But I know that’s not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  5. #15

    Default Re: Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    I agree,......we should tweak our style, but I don’t think that’s going to happen. CB is pretty set with his style/system.
    The coaching staff believes the loss of Tookie will make a more balanced team and harder to prepare for. They are not expecting a drop off in team performance. I expect us to have a good year, but the following year has me worried (I’m really concerned about our bigs that year)
    What a drag it is having a star player.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

  6. #16

    Default Re: Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Agree we are who we are. As for Tookie this is probably going to sound weird to a lot of people but I don’t think losing him is going to be that big of a deal. Tookie was a very consistent player and one of the best we’ve had but he never really seemed to “rise to the occasion” in the big games and big moments to me. I know he had a buzzer beater and some big shots but he went missing way too much for a “Star” to me. Look no further than his last game in Hanner. He had a good start and then basically disappeared for the last 20 minutes.

    For me Ike and Quan are too similar a player to both be starting. I wish we could find a lineup where Quan could be the 6th man and first guy off the bench. But I know that’s not going to happen.
    Agree completely.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sugar Hill, Ga
    Posts
    10,700

    Default Re: Basketball

    It does look as if we will continually seek to get our “bigger/taller” players from the transfer pool a la Wideman and Carter.

    I see us having no problem recruiting quality Guards and Forwards but continually struggling to find PF/C types as they’ll be spoken for at the P5 level.

    As for the roster now post Tookie, it still looks very talented and I feel like we will have enough firepower to put significant points on the board. I do wish we could find more consistency on D to put us closer to that last year with Hewitt in which we lost a close one to GaSt in the SBC title game.

  8. Default Re: Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    It does look as if we will continually seek to get our “bigger/taller” players from the transfer pool a la Wideman and Carter.

    I see us having no problem recruiting quality Guards and Forwards but continually struggling to find PF/C types as they’ll be spoken for at the P5 level.

    As for the roster now post Tookie, it still looks very talented and I feel like we will have enough firepower to put significant points on the board. I do wish we could find more consistency on D to put us closer to that last year with Hewitt in which we lost a close one to GaSt in the SBC title game.
    I wish we could find more consistent D, too. However, it will not matter much if we cannot score. IIRC, we spend most of that GAST game heaving up (and missing) ridiculous NBA range 3’s because we couldn’t find a way to score in the paint.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    28,580

    Default Re: Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I wish we could find more consistent D, too. However, it will not matter much if we cannot score. IIRC, we spend must of that GAST game heaving up (and missing) ridiculous NBA range 3’s because we couldn’t find a way to score in the paint.

    Our offensive scheme has pretty much always been lacking under Byington but especially so against zone defenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  10. #20

    Default Re: Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Our offensive scheme has pretty much always been lacking under Byington but especially so against zone defenses.
    without a "beast in the paint", along with avg. to poor 3 point shooting, zones have and will give us a problem.

Similar Threads

  1. Alabama basketball playing georgia southern basketball at hanner
    By sportsperson1983 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 9th September 2017, 11:27 PM
  2. MEET THE BASKETBALL EAGLES AND EAGLE BASKETBALL FAN FEST
    By EagleInfo in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12th October 2009, 07:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •