TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 420

Thread: SMN Update on JD King

  1. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    You know, when the NCAA sanctioned us over fan behavior.
    When was the seats blocked and what started it?

  2. #242

    Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

    Quote Originally Posted by aristocracker View Post
    When was the seats blocked and what started it?
    Started when UMASS fans in '99 got their feelings hurt, complained to Dennis Poppe at the NCAA, who essentially ran the I-AA playoffs ... Poppe threatened Baker with sanctioning us out of home games in the playoffs. Ropes were put up and some of that was sectioned off. Then in 1999 when we played Illinois State in the semi's our crowd rushed the field early, somehow a Redbird helmet got away from a player and several of their fans complained. By the 2000 season we had the wooden barricade up. Stayed up as you see in the photo above until 2002 I believe, 3 years if I'm not mistaken, then in 2003-2005 was shrunk to about 2 rows. I'd have to check back through my photos. It was gone in 2006, about the only thing good from that season.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.





  3. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Started when UMASS fans in '99 got their feelings hurt, complained to Dennis Poppe at the NCAA, who essentially ran the I-AA playoffs ... Poppe threatened Baker with sanctioning us out of home games in the playoffs. Ropes were put up and some of that was sectioned off. Then in 1999 when we played Illinois State in the semi's our crowd rushed the field early, somehow a Redbird helmet got away from a player and several of their fans complained. By the 2000 season we had the wooden barricade up. Stayed up as you see in the photo above until 2002 I believe, 3 years if I'm not mistaken, then in 2003-2005 was shrunk to about 2 rows. I'd have to check back through my photos. It was gone in 2006, about the only thing good from that season.
    I was thinking the UMASS fans complaining was the start of it. I remember the article in the 2000 George Anne, "Are we students at "Redneck U."?" Page 5: https://digitalcommons.georgiasouthe...xt=george-anne

  4. #244

    Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

    Well it started at home with the pansy umass fans, then when we rushed the field in '99 at 'Nooga that barrier was coming no matter what.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.





  5. #245

    Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

    well ,today is day 7. So we should be hearing news on King today

  6. #246

    Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Well it started at home with the pansy umass fans, then when we rushed the field in '99 at 'Nooga that barrier was coming no matter what.
    I thought Illinois State was the big deal.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

  7. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

    Like all those players ain’t taunting the crowd.

    (Gag st. would be an excellent example, but I see it to a lesser extent at most games.)

  8. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    You are 100% a conspiracy theorist!! LSU could careless if King gets approval. Heck, I don't even think he's the best RB on our roster. In our offense, I will take Logan Wright everyday. It's not like he's an AP on something.
    You must have missed his true freshman highlight reels at Ok. State. I'm not saying Logan is not great, or that he might not even be better...but J.D. is the real deal with a boatload of yards and reps to prove it.

  9. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Like all those players ain’t taunting the crowd.

    (Gag st. would be an excellent example, but I see it to a lesser extent at most games.)
    I was at the Ga State game in the student section. It was bad from both our students and their players.

  10. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

    Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    I was at the Ga State game in the student section. It was bad from both our students and their players.
    That was a very bad day all around.

    No way did they win fair and square. They got help from the refs, but they probably stole our plays. Their coach was complete trash.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •