TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: SMN Update on JD King

Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Except for the fact that Fields came out and said racism was not the issue for the transfer, that was 100% the media assuming his angle for the waiver.
    Except that his attorney Tom Mars stated the incident was the main basis for the waiver request AFTER he (attorney) said racism had nothing to do with it. I think maybe they used creative language to paint it as a hostile environment without calling it racism. Call it what you want, they used the incident as it was very public but did not use it as the sole reason....rather it opened the door for further investigation. The attorney will not say what circumstances he used but that there was "more to it than that". Lawyer-speak. I think the Luke Ford deal was his first transfer waiver loss....His home is 200 miles from his new school and he was using the same path as King I think.

2. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Except that his attorney Tom Mars stated the incident was the main basis for the waiver request AFTER he (attorney) said racism had nothing to do with it. I think maybe they used creative language to paint it as a hostile environment without calling it racism. Call it what you want, they used the incident as it was very public but did not use it as the sole reason....rather it opened the door for further investigation. The attorney will not say what circumstances he used but that there was "more to it than that". Lawyer-speak. I think the Luke Ford deal was his first transfer waiver loss....His home is 200 miles from his new school and he was using the same path as King I think.
    Any of those angles sound a lot better than “I really kind of inhale vigorously, and I’m not gonna get to play here... I need to figure out another place that will let me play despite my particular brand of inhale vigorously.”

I hope karma catches up to that clown and he loses every game he plays and warms hell out plenty of benches.

That whole situation is just wrong on so many levels. Everyone involved should be ashamed.

This is old news but still FSU QB Jordan Travis cleared for immediate play....."There were reports of verbal abuse by Nick Petrino -- son of then Louisville coach Bobby Petrino -- against Travis during practices during the season."

Also noting this:
    “Specifically, we want to thank FSU’s compliance office, the Committee for Legislative Relief, the ACC faculty athletics representatives and the University of Louisville for their cooperation. This has been a long but deliberate process, and we are happy to achieve closure on Jordan’s situation.”

FREE JD KING!!! He should be a shoe in compared to these "larger profile" players!

Isn't our Shooting Sports Education Center on campus?

Idk what JD's fathers name is but I did a white pages search for every address in Fitzgerald with the last name King. All current address except 1 were less than 100 miles from that edge of campus on a straight line measurement. Most were right at 97 miles. Doesn't the rule say "radius"? That's a straight line. If so and it's one of those address, we shouldn't even need an appeal.

5. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Just saw this on the internets regarding the guy who left UGA a couple of weeks ago. Apparently the Gators have no since of dignity at all: The University of Florida is doing everything in its power to get Georgia transfer Brenton Cox eligible before the season, but the confidence level that's going to happen is extremely slim, according to prominent legal expert Tom Mars. Mars, who represented Justin Fields during his hardship transfer situation before the former Georgia quarterback was granted immediate eligibility at Ohio State in January, says he's not sure what Cox could use in his defense to request a waiver.
    Cox was ranked as nation's No. 23 overall prospect coming out of Stockbridge High School (Ga.) and finished the 2018 cycle as the No. 2 strong-side defensive end in his class, per the 247Sports Composite.
    “Unless there’s some well-kept secret that would qualify him for a waiver, I’d say chances of Brenton Cox getting a waiver are approximately zero,” Mars told the AJC on Tuesday.
    Florida coach Dan Mullen said this week the Gators will try and seek immediate eligibility for Cox through a transfer waiver with the NCAA. There's no timetable however on hearing back from college football's governing body. And since Cox transferred to a school within his own conference, he'll need a second waiver from SEC commissioner Greg Sankey.
    "Oh, yeah, we’re definitely going to apply for a waiver for him and see," Mullen said. "We feel good about it, of having him be able to play. I think you look at all the previous scenarios that are out there around the country, we feel we have a good opportunity."

Is there a waiver for being kicked off your previews team? For getting arrested? For failing a drug test after a pot arrest?
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 14th August 2019 at 11:15 AM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

7. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Starting to get worried that they're saving the rejections for last. It's nearly 48 hours until the deadline.

8. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Starting to get worried that they're saving the rejections for last. It's nearly 48 hours until the deadline.
    No need to worry.

We all know how the NCAA operates. We knew how this would turn out months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    "Deadline"

10. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    No need to worry.

We all know how the NCAA operates. We knew how this would turn out months ago.
    And what will you say when they grant him eligibility?