TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: SMN Update on JD King

Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Per CL today at the Coaches Caravan, King’s appeal was reviewed on Tuesday and they had seven days to decide but he didn’t know if Saturday and Sunday counted in those seven days. He did participate in the scrimmage today.
    Eagles Dare, Anytime, Anywhere!

There isn't a lot of optimism from inside the FOC that King will be able to play. Bull**** if you ask me, and even more bull**** that the NCAA thinks that two weeks before a season is an acceptable time to make a call on a transfer that happened over six months ago.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    Did anyone make it to the scrimmage today? If so did you notice if King participated? I did not see his name mentioned in the social media posts or online stories. If he sat out that could indicate if a ruling was made with his appeal? Although he could still practice if sitting out this season I imagine we would see other RBs get the reps in the scrimmage with LSU 14 days away.
    He was on the field with the third team offense, so he wasn't taking reps from anyone likely to see the field in Baton Rouge.
    Zach Towery
    Bachelor of Music 2009
    Master of Music 2012
    Reidsville, GA

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    There isn't a lot of optimism from inside the FOC that King will be able to play. Bull**** if you ask me, and even more bull**** that the NCAA thinks that two weeks before a season is an acceptable time to make a call on a transfer that happened over six months ago.
    Well, they did make a call but we appealed it, but still don’t see why that process is taking this long.

Quote Originally Posted by loyaleagle View Post
    Well, they did make a call but we appealed it, but still don’t see why that process is taking this long.
    Because the NCAA is trying to find a way to not make it so obvious we aren't getting a waiver is because we aren't UGA or tOSU or Bama.
    Just One More Time!!!

6. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Quote Originally Posted by trueeagle98 View Post
    Because the NCAA is trying to find a way to not make it so obvious we aren't getting a waiver is because we aren't UGA or tOSU or Bama.
    They ain’t keeping their secret very well.

Been this way for decades

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    We are a G5 did they honestly thing the NCAA would make the appeal in our favor? Yet they let tOSU or UGAG decisions in 2 weeks because a QB can't win the starting job.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Honestly, if our only real argument is "there isn't another FBS school within 100" miles I don't believe I'd grant the waiver, either. Would you want "there's no other Power 5 program" to be an argument?

In my mind you have one real argument to make...that is that the NCAA doesn't clearly define how the 100-mile maximum. Upthread Touchdown mentioned finding the distance from different houses in Fitzgerald to campus. Then I told him King's father's name and he looked it up the address and it was just under 100 mile mark to several points of interest on the campus. That in my mind means "case closed" because the rule says "100-mile radius" which means "as the crow flies". I wish we could get Tom Mars on the case for us because I bet we could get them to back down and they'd amend the verbiage about the distance.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 17th August 2019 at 08:07 PM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Honestly, if our only real argument is "there isn't another FBS school within 100" miles I don't believe I'd grant the waiver, either. Would you want "there's no other Power 5 program" to be an argument?

In my mind you have one real argument to make...that is that the NCAA doesn't clearly define how the 100-mile maximum. Upthread Touchdown mentioned finding the distance from different houses in Fitzgerald to campus. Then I told him King's father's name and he looked it up the address and it was just under 100 mile mark to several points of interest on the campus. That in my mind means "case closed" because the rule says "100-mile radius" which means "as the crow flies". I wish we could get Tom Mars on the case for us because I bet we could get them to back down and they'd amend the verbiage about the distance.
    Just asking
    From Kings fathers house what D1 football schools are you talking about?
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

10. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

There is no conspiracy here. The Ncaa doesn't want to go to court on this stuff. Had King got a lawyer, we would have decision already. Fields had a reason and a lawyer, Martell had a reason and a lawyer. The case that will cause the biggest uproar is the kid from UGA transferring to Florida after being kicked off. If he gets approved to play right away like Mullen thinks, there should be lawsuits filed.