TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: SMN Update on JD King

Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    Ditto. Heath is one of the best.

Your buddy's another pretty good one.
    I wish I had a copy of your article before the 2001 (regular season) Furman game. Is that floating around anywhere online?
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Still crickets.

(I hate the NCAA so much.)
    Friday is the deadline to hear back.

Do we even need to hear back at this point?

It's going to be a hard NO because we're not Ohio State or Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post

Don’t call us, we will call you. I promise
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

https://247sports.com/Article/NCAA-i...son-133201541/
    Report: NCAA likely to tighten transfer waiver guidelines
    June 26, 2019
    ......The NCAA Division I council is set to meet Wednesday and, per Wolken, “is expected to approve package of new guidelines that could make it more difficult for college football and basketball players who transfer to receive immediate eligibility via waivers.”

......*When athletes transfer closer to home — within a 100-mile radius — because of a family member’s injury or illness, the NCAA would then require “a treatment plan detailing the student-athlete’s caregiving responsibilities” and paperwork from both schools.

Interestingly enough, the Associated Press reported that the committee approved 68 percent of waiver requests for football, a 2-percent decrease from the four years before, though college sports are 1) seeing more requests overall and 2) players like Patterson, Fields and Martell have increased the visibility for those who have been approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post

or Miami. But because of Miami, I think the answer will be yes. Blatant double standard if you grant immediate eligibility to Tate Martell at The U, whose home is over 2000 miles away, has no family medical issue like King, and is only being accommodated because of . . . I don't know, is his mom Lori Loughlin?

And now he is back in the portal (not Portal GA - he couldn't start there either). Wonder if the NCAA will make him sit this time - bet they do.

So Martell year off, check one box.
    JD King accommodation, check second box = initial Martell immediate availability at Miami.

No way the NCAA provides sub-standard accommodations to a minority. It is already insulting enough they made King wait this long. They set the standard with Martell, now they have to uphold that same standard with King.
    Fire Sam Baker! The rest will take care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    https://247sports.com/Article/NCAA-i...son-133201541/
    Report: NCAA likely to tighten transfer waiver guidelines
    June 26, 2019
    ......The NCAA Division I council is set to meet Wednesday and, per Wolken, “is expected to approve package of new guidelines that could make it more difficult for college football and basketball players who transfer to receive immediate eligibility via waivers.”

......*When athletes transfer closer to home — within a 100-mile radius — because of a family member’s injury or illness, the NCAA would then require “a treatment plan detailing the student-athlete’s caregiving responsibilities” and paperwork from both schools.

Interestingly enough, the Associated Press reported that the committee approved 68 percent of waiver requests for football, a 2-percent decrease from the four years before, though college sports are 1) seeing more requests overall and 2) players like Patterson, Fields and Martell have increased the visibility for those who have been approved.
    Interesting article, and take note of this part...

*Instead of allowing waivers for “egregious behavior by a staff member or student at the previous institution,” the new guidelines ask for approvals where there is documented “physical assault or abuse, sexually inappropriate behavior, racial abuse, religious discrimination, questioning of sexuality by a staff member or student at the previous institution.”
    They added "physical abuse" to the rule. Sounds to me like Fields' lawyer was able to exploit the language of the rule to get a waiver because of an epithet. I hope we were able to do the same by the NCAA's rules not defining what distance to use for their 100 mile radius.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Except for the fact that Fields came out and said racism was not the issue for the transfer, that was 100% the media assuming his angle for the waiver.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

9. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

It’s good that they are clarifying these rules.

However, rules have never had much bearing on their recognition of the right thing to do in the past.

Its the NCAA. They are as unlikely to “do right” now as ever. I doubt they will do right in the future.

They are a corrupt, abusive cartel. They just do what cartels always have and always will.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Interesting article, and take note of this part...

They added "physical abuse" to the rule. Sounds to me like Fields' lawyer was able to exploit the language of the rule to get a waiver because of an epithet. I hope we were able to do the same by the NCAA's rules not defining what distance to use for their 100 mile radius.
    The whole handling of the Fields incident made them look like a bunch of buttholes. You figure they wouldn't care about their image but maybe they do a little.