TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: SMN Update on JD King

Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Yea, I had hoped that Eason would go to Miami and Richt would win a NC with the Canes.
    But so much for wishful thinking.

I don’t think Jacob Eason is near good enough to win a national title and Mark Richt definitely wasn’t going to be good enough at Miami.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    That doesnít change the fact that it would completely inhale vigorously if Fromm leaves early and then next year Fields looks great at Ohio St while UGAís only weak link is at QB.
    For whom would that inhale vigorously?
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    For whom would that inhale vigorously?

I’m guessing this is a bait question because the answer is pretty obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

4. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    In absolutely no way would Kirby look stupid in that scenario. Right now Jake Fromm is light years ahead of Justin Fields. There isnít a coach in America other than the option coaches who would take Fields over Fromm right now. Not to mention what that would have done to the locker room.

I mean if Tomlin would have transferred to (insert any G5 here) and went on to go to the Access Bowl with that team would we all be saying Lunsford looks pretty stupid for not playing Tomlin over Werts?

That doesnít change the fact that it would completely inhale vigorously if Fromm leaves early and then next year Fields looks great at Ohio St while UGAís only weak link is at QB.

Iíll defer to your expertise.

my ThUGA knowledge is lacking.

I like your last paragraph too.

Iím a huge fan of anything which brings shame and/or misfortune to Kirby.

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    Btw, just saw on Twitter that the OSU coach named someone else starter over Fields.... gotta love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    OMG!

Hope it works out like that....

Would be Awesome!

(Good luck transferring somewhere else Justin.... Goooooood luck.)
    Quote Originally Posted by gsu01 View Post
    I think thats fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    Ahhhh... i fell for it. Didn't look too closely.
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ng-qb-buckeyes

Fields named starter

6. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Fields is from GA, he has heard "words" or slurs before. He chose to play for a team in the South and in the state he knows. He isn't new to the South and wasn't suddenly shocked and emotionally stressed when 1 guy, probably drunk, yells something (then gets kicked off baseball team) and all of a sudden fearful to be in Athens because it is such a dangerous place for a person of color.
    YET - it's safe enough for his sister to continue to be in?
    B S! Total BS.

So you believe that if Fields were QB1 at UGA, that he transfers anyway because of that incident? Fields getting a chance to start at Ohio State versus riding the bench behind Fromm or From or whatever his name is was THE reason Fields left uga. IDCare what the official "reason" is.

Why does a coach retiring allow you to transfer without setting out? What about when a coach gets hired away? Is that allowed now?
    How many coaches would just take their star players with them? That opens a door to destroying a G5 program. So if a P5 hires our coach away, all of a sudden it's open season on every player we have? Insanity.

IF they go by the rules as they were in place when King applied to transfer - he should be playing against LSU IF we have the correct/current address. The only thing stated to still be in question was the 100 mile rule. If the address we have is correct and we stick to the "radius" definition - we are within the 100 miles and therefore within the rules as they were at the time he left Ok St. Maybe we have the wrong address.
    Are you a African-American? If so, then you understand what that word means. If not, you have no idea what he feels like. Don't use the BS reason we live in the south either because that doesn't hold water. Being drunk doesn't excuse his behavior. Regardless, I don't think Fields is that good based on last year and the Ohio St spring game.

Because Meyer is the one who recruited him. It wouldn't destroy G5 programs. Most of these kids at G5 programs are here because they weren't recruited by P5 schools or if they were it was for a different position. He RETIRED. He didn't go to a different school. If scenario came up as you're referring to, then no I don't think they should be able to take players with them without sitting out a year. Thats happened a few times already.

7. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Iíll defer to your expertise.

my ThUGA knowledge is lacking.

I like your last paragraph too.

Iím a huge fan of anything which brings shame and/or misfortune to Kirby.
    Were you picked on as a little kid? Kirby is a hell of a coach, he paid his dues and waited unlike most for his dream job. It's scary to think I'm raising a kid in a society where people wish bad things on others they don't even personally know. I know your parents taught you better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    Are you a African-American? If so, then you understand what that word means. If not, you have no idea what he feels like. Don't use the BS reason we live in the south either because that doesn't hold water. Being drunk doesn't excuse his behavior. Regardless, I don't think Fields is that good based on last year and the Ohio St spring game.
    I could respond to this, but I'll refrain for several reasons. Instead I'll just give you a simple litmus test...suppose a black athlete could get a transfer to any school that would take them with no penalty year and they either have to go through what Fields did 100 times or be in JD King's situation. Which do you think they will choose?
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

9. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Has anyone seen the thread on the JD King transfer? I thought it would be here but all I see is a big ol train derailment.
    "Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."

Colin Powell

10. Default Re: SMN Update on JD King

Ladies and gentleman.....we got him!!

King is eligible for 2019.