TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst individual football plays in team history

Default Re: Worst individual football plays in team history

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    You would deny my son his one shining moment? What type of fan are you...
    No crap. Not to mention that we scored the winning TD against UF out of that formation, unless I’ve got my plays mixed up.
    Last edited by pete4256; 1st August 2019 at 10:16 AM.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    You would deny my son his one shining moment? What type of fan are you...
    What game was that? I have heard about that situation forever but for the life of me don't remember the game.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU2011fan View Post
    What game was that? I have heard about that situation forever but for the life of me don't remember the game.
    Furman 2013

[QUOTE=TALON;967877]
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I had no problem with the wildcat playcall against UGA. It made no difference. The game was over as soon as it went to OT.

Man you are a bullfrog fan in Eagle Feathers. What a Buzz Kill! You had no idea!
    We ran multiple wildcat plays before overtime, infact we stupidly ran them to get to overtime. It was bad, very very bad.

Fumbling the goal line snap vs NC state from the Flex, after being in the gun the entire game. I think I have my details right, but that was a HUGE kick in the footballs. The ONLY snap we took under center, and most people could foresee the issue.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    Fumbling the goal line snap vs NC state from the Flex, after being in the gun the entire game. I think I have my details right, but that was a HUGE kick in the footballs. The ONLY snap we took under center, and most people could foresee the issue.

We were under center but not flex. Just a typical QB sneak formation.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

7. Default Re: Worst individual football plays in team history

Wildcat Willie hands down.

Have to go with under center against NC State at the 1 yard line. A field goal there puts us up 2 scores, and almost certainly wins the game.

The UGA wildcat play is up there, but there’s no guarantee that we score at all regardless if we convert that 4th and 1, or that we could stop their offense if we did.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Have to go with under center against NC State at the 1 yard line. A field goal there puts us up 2 scores, and almost certainly wins the game.

The UGA wildcat play is up there, but there’s no guarantee that we score at all regardless if we convert that 4th and 1, or that we could stop their offense if we did.
    vs. UGA, I would have been willing to get the conversion and figured we'd give Koo a shot if we could get even 4-5 more yards. As it stood, I thought we might try a FG anyways but missing it would have given them way too good of field position.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    At stAte, GS up by 6, less than 2 minutes in the game, 4th and 16 and the D allows a non-mobile QB to rush for 18 yards. Still have no idea what UE was doing on that play.
    That play was brutal, but we should be thankful now. If we win that game, we are bowl eligible that year. Being bowl eligible in 2016 would have meant CTS still on the sidelines in 2018. The football gods were looking out for us that day.