TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Starting quarterback, defensive end suspended from Georgia Southern football after ar

Default Re: Starting quarterback, defensive end suspended from Georgia Southern football afte

Maybe the substance was cotton candy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIkuwd0tzpw

I'm surprised "MJ shake" (AKA dried lawn clippings/driveway dirt) wasn't found on Shai's the floor mat as well.

Cop was Butt hurt and is trying to teach a lesson.
    Beware October!

Default Re: Starting quarterback, defensive end suspended from Georgia Southern football afte

I'm still stuck on my opinion of the whole thing. If the police report is true, the white substance was on both the hood and windshield, where it was smeared by the wipers and wiper fluid, and still in powder form. Now I was thinking the same as a bunch of folks here, that if it was in powder form and he was speeding it would've flown off. But if it's been mixed with fluid then it likely becomes sticky and hangs to the car. He also admitted to taking the back road to avoid the officer. He then continued to drive so there was more lighting, and called 911 to let them know that's what was happening. The report also mentions that Shai seemed completely sober, and the interior of his car was clean.

So I see two scenarios here:

1. Shai was trying to avoid a ticket and took a back road (something I think a lot of us could admit too), and continued to drive to a safer area to avoid any potential danger that could arise from the traffic stop. The substance on his car was actually bird poop that had dried and cracked making it appear to be powdery. The chemicals within the washer fluid read as positive for cocaine on what are known to be sketchy in-field testing equipment.

2. Shai pulled off on the back road once he saw an officer trailing him, and did so to throw a bag of coke out the window. The coke got over his windshield and hood, and he tried using his wipers to get it off. He continued to drive once back on the highway to try and continue to wipe the coke off.

We won't find out which scenario it was anytime soon unfortunately, but even if it is #2, it is only a misdemeanor and in my opinion should be treated as such until more information is available. Remember, cocaine is "technically" a less dangerous drug than marijuana according to the federal schedules, would we be freaking out if he got caught with a roach or half a gram of weed?

3. Default Re: Starting quarterback, defensive end suspended from Georgia Southern football afte

The field tests are notoriously inaccurate and they ruin countless lives. They're a joke.

And we as a bunch of old white dudes are probably best not trying to compare our experiences with police to the experiences of a young black man. I don't blame Werts for pulling over in a well lit place where everyone can be safe and movements in the dark aren't misconstrued.

Sounds like this is just a speeding ticket with a lot of unnecessary drama pulled on top.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    I'm still stuck on my opinion of the whole thing. If the police report is true, the white substance was on both the hood and windshield, where it was smeared by the wipers and wiper fluid, and still in powder form. Now I was thinking the same as a bunch of folks here, that if it was in powder form and he was speeding it would've flown off. But if it's been mixed with fluid then it likely becomes sticky and hangs to the car. He also admitted to taking the back road to avoid the officer. He then continued to drive so there was more lighting, and called 911 to let them know that's what was happening. The report also mentions that Shai seemed completely sober, and the interior of his car was clean.

So I see two scenarios here:

1. Shai was trying to avoid a ticket and took a back road (something I think a lot of us could admit too), and continued to drive to a safer area to avoid any potential danger that could arise from the traffic stop. The substance on his car was actually bird poop that had dried and cracked making it appear to be powdery. The chemicals within the washer fluid read as positive for cocaine on what are known to be sketchy in-field testing equipment.

2. Shai pulled off on the back road once he saw an officer trailing him, and did so to throw a bag of coke out the window. The coke got over his windshield and hood, and he tried using his wipers to get it off. He continued to drive once back on the highway to try and continue to wipe the coke off.

We won't find out which scenario it was anytime soon unfortunately, but even if it is #2, it is only a misdemeanor and in my opinion should be treated as such until more information is available. Remember, cocaine is "technically" a less dangerous drug than marijuana according to the federal schedules, would we be freaking out if he got caught with a roach or half a gram of weed?
    Revisiting scenario #2 - If he did try to allegedly dump the coke while driving, and it mixed with wiper fluid, then would the residue be dried up on his hood? Or would it be a gooey mess still? I doubt the officer would have to scrape it as a powder,

At first I was so embarrassed by the way this looked for the Univ that I assumed the worst. But, the more I think about it, the more improbable it sounds.

I truly think the officer was mad about being led on a “chase” and the perception that Werts was trying to elude him. He was mad and decided to find anything he could to harass this punk kid. When I “harass” I simply mean giving him a hard time. Ultimately I think this is much to do about nothing. At least I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor23 View Post
    I have been driving for around 50 years and have had maybe 10 speeding tickets and never been arrested and one field test for sobriety plus one breathalyzer test both negative. Shai was arrested for speeding? Probably had a Hemi in that Dodge.
    Sam Montgomery, a former LSU DE, was once arrested for speeding after we was in the NFL. Apparently it’s an arrestable offense if you are going more 25 miles over the speed limit. It’s considered reckless driving.

https://youtu.be/ldef-teD3B8
    Last edited by Chris Eagle; 3rd August 2019 at 04:20 PM.

Well I can only use my own experiences I have never been arrested and don't know anyone else to be arrested for just speeding. Could you imagine the lines backed up on the interstates waiting to be processed. We would have to build a few thousand more jails. It is all silly.
    ̃₫
    Has anyone heard more about Quan? I hope it isn't as bad as it sounded. He was looking pretty good by year end. I believe he put on 10 to 15 pounds of muscles. I hope for the best for you. You have been a giveb talent. Don't waste it.

7. Default Re: Starting quarterback, defensive end suspended from Georgia Southern football afte

Quan Griffin (Shaquan Robert Griffin) Baker County Case Number 022018CF000335CFAXMX
    https://www.civitekflorida.com/ocrs/...rtyCaseSummary

Offense: 07/04/2018
    Initial: 07/11/2018 Charged 784.045 / AGG BATTERY WITH A DEADLY WEAPON
    Prosecutor: 08/23/2018 Dropped/Abandoned 784.045 / AGG BATTERY WITH A DEADLY WEAPON

1 08/23/2018 Case Status set to CLOSED
    10 08/23/2018 Prosecutor phase: Action of DROPPED/ABANDONED with status of Same entered for CNT: 1
    9 08/23/2018 No Information 1
    8 08/03/2018 SUBPOENA RETURN SERVED ON JOHNNIE HOLLINGS 2
    7 07/17/2018 Designation of Email 1
    6 07/11/2018 Prosecutor: CARLA NEWMAN Assigned
    5 07/11/2018 Sworn Complaint 8
    2 07/11/2018 Case 022018CF000335CFAXMX Filed with Clerk on 7/11/2018
    1 07/11/2018 Judge: COLAW , JAMES M assigned
    4 07/04/2018 Arrest name set to GRIFFIN, SHAQUAN ROBERT for SEQ: 1

Quote Originally Posted by aristocracker View Post
    Quan Griffin (Shaquan Robert Griffin) Baker County Case Number 022018CF000335CFAXMX
    https://www.civitekflorida.com/ocrs/...rtyCaseSummary

Offense: 07/04/2018
    Initial: 07/11/2018 Charged 784.045 / AGG BATTERY WITH A DEADLY WEAPON
    Prosecutor: 08/23/2018 Dropped/Abandoned 784.045 / AGG BATTERY WITH A DEADLY WEAPON

1 08/23/2018 Case Status set to CLOSED
    10 08/23/2018 Prosecutor phase: Action of DROPPED/ABANDONED with status of Same entered for CNT: 1
    9 08/23/2018 No Information 1
    8 08/03/2018 SUBPOENA RETURN SERVED ON JOHNNIE HOLLINGS 2
    7 07/17/2018 Designation of Email 1
    6 07/11/2018 Prosecutor: CARLA NEWMAN Assigned
    5 07/11/2018 Sworn Complaint 8
    2 07/11/2018 Case 022018CF000335CFAXMX Filed with Clerk on 7/11/2018
    1 07/11/2018 Judge: COLAW , JAMES M assigned
    4 07/04/2018 Arrest name set to GRIFFIN, SHAQUAN ROBERT for SEQ: 1

That is from 2018 in a different county. Here's the latest:

Bradford County
    Case Number: 042019CF000480CFAXMX
    Case Type: Felony 22-D
    Contested: No

Charges:
    1 DOMESTIC BATTERY
    2 AGGRAVATED BATTERY-GREAT BODILY HARM, DISABILITY
    3 USE DISPLAY FIREARM DURING FELONY
    4 CRIM MISCHIEF 200 TO 1000 DOLLARS
    5 BURGLARY DWELLING STRUCTURE OR CONVEYANCE ARMED
    6 GRAND THEFT III
    7 HOME INVASION W/FIREARM OTHER DEADLY WEAPON
    8 INTIMIDATE THREATEN ETC VICT WITNESS INFORMANT

Link to Arrest Report: https://www.civitekflorida.com/ocrs/...xYexEc&pages=3
    OAS AAS LLS

9. Default Re: Starting quarterback, defensive end suspended from Georgia Southern football afte

Quote Originally Posted by Venaros View Post

Bradford County

Charges:
    1 DOMESTIC BATTERY
    6 GRAND THEFT III

Damn. Thats some serious stuff.

10. Default Re: Starting quarterback, defensive end suspended from Georgia Southern football afte

Quote Originally Posted by Venaros View Post

Bradford County

Charges:
    1 DOMESTIC BATTERY
    6 GRAND THEFT III

I knew and had read about the latest on QG. However, I didn't know about the 2018 case on him that was dropped.