Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Fall Camp Thread

Default Re: 2019 Fall Camp Thread

This is one quiet thread.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by chriswhite71 View Post
    Awesome news to get Drew back. He will push for a starting job which will make everyone better. Stay healthy Drew
    Drew plays with a lot of emotion and passion plus he's a big hard nosed dude. Only a big plus having him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    This is one quiet thread.
    second year in both offense and defensive schemes, now just a matter of execution.

So? The scrimmage?

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    So? The scrimmage?
    https://twitter.com/GSAthletics/stat...067323392?s=19

I went today.

-The linebacker position looks vastly improved not just because of Reynard Ellis but because of returning starters who have gotten better. The offense doesn't look to be ahead of the defense as they did in the spring and those guys are the reason.

-I can see why Danny Reed and Coach Lunsford like Khaleb Hood. I expect him to play at LSU.

-People that come to the Fan Fest scrimmage will be pleased with what they see in Tomlin (remember he didn't play in the spring game). He's way ahead of where any of our backup QBs were last year.

-Running back position looks good.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I went today.

-The linebacker position looks vastly improved not just because of Reynard Ellis but because of returning starters who have gotten better. The offense doesn't look to be ahead of the defense as they did in the spring and those guys are the reason.

-I can see why Danny Reed and Coach Lunsford like Khaleb Hood. I expect him to play at LSU.

-People that come to the Fan Fest scrimmage will be pleased with what they see in Tomlin (remember he didn't play in the spring game). He's way ahead of where any of our backup QBs were last year.

If you take out JD King would you still say that?

8. Default Re: 2019 Fall Camp Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I went today.

I’m happy to hear that about the LB’s, I admit I was a little concerned about that position group. That’s promising. GATA

This LB group could end up being something special.

The one thing on defense we needed to improve was the speed at the safety and linebacker(mainly ILB) positions. Duncan, is going to be one of the great GSU safeties. Hopefully we have improved the speed at the LB position. I liked what I saw out of Ferguson in a limited role.