TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Video - UFR interview with TK and Lunsford

1. Default Video - UFR interview with TK and Lunsford

An interview I did with TK if you guys are interested and a couple interviews with Coach Lunsford including 1st day pads today

https://youtu.be/UTDzfRgucek

Default Re: Video - UFR interview with TK and Lunsford

Quote Originally Posted by BullochHLN View Post
    An interview I did with TK if you guys are interested and a couple interviews with Coach Lunsford including 1st day pads today

https://youtu.be/UTDzfRgucek
    Josh said Shai will be out for the LSU game? Is this news? Has that been announced?

3. Default Re: Video - UFR interview with TK and Lunsford

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    Josh said Shai will be out for the LSU game? Is this news? Has that been announced?
    If the case is still pending OR if he's found guilty, it's a misdemeanor which carries a 1 game suspension.

If the charges are dropped, the assumption is there will be no further punishment.

Thanks Josh for the excellent coverage!

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    If the case is still pending OR if he's found guilty, it's a misdemeanor which carries a 1 game suspension.

If the charges are dropped, the assumption is there will be no further punishment.
    So hypothetically, if the case hasnít been resolved by weeks 2, 3, 4, etc...Shai will have to sit out all of those games?

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    So hypothetically, if the case hasnít been resolved by weeks 2, 3, 4, etc...Shai will have to sit out all of those games?
    The way I understand it, a misdemeanor carries a 1 game suspension. If case is pending or guilty he sits week 1. If case still pending week 2, he should be good to play because he sat week 1.

What Iíve read made we wonder does it say the 1 game suspension for misdemeanor is for the charge or the conviction? If the latter then his 1 game suspension could technically be during the season depending how long it takes to resolve.

Edit: I havenít watched the interview yet, so I donít know what additional info is presented beyond what Iíve read.

I hope they drop the charges before 1 st game. I mean it is going to be terrible if all test come back negative, but he is forced to miss the LSU game.

Innocent until proven guilty, except in the court of public opinion.
    Have to suspend a guy with an open case? Doesn't make much sense other than to placate.

According to this article that came out yesterday https://www.savannahnow.com/sports/2...y-of-cars-hood the sequence of events was that Shai was arrested due to his excessive speeding and then once in the police car they further investigated the substance. I think that's the thing people need to keep in mind- the original charge he was placed under arrest for.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    According to this article that came out yesterday https://www.savannahnow.com/sports/2...y-of-cars-hood the sequence of events was that Shai was arrested due to his excessive speeding and then once in the police car they further investigated the substance. I think that's the thing people need to keep in mind- the original charge he was placed under arrest for.
    The student athlete COC nowhere says you get a suspension for a misdemeanor. This is what it says:

Any Student-Athlete arrested and charged with a misdemeanor involving alcohol, any illegal substances or where violence is involved on or off campus will be suspended for the next immediate contest (excluding exhibitions and scrimmages), and the situation reviewed by the Athletic Director, Sport Administrator and Head Coach to determine the appropriate disciplinary action(s). Repeated offenses may result in a permanent termination from team activities and scholarship opportunities.
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...e_Handbook.pdf
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.