TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Werts' attorney tells WJCL that all charges have been dropped

1. Default Re: Werts' attorney tells WJCL that all charges have been dropped

Here is the bodycam footage.....

https://youtu.be/8Tx0tk_DfcA

Y'all think that dash cam stuff makes this officer look bad?

Just take a gander at the body cam.

This man definitely does not need a badge. He is absolutely not suited for this line of work.

These guys were all over the place, with their comments, with their non-use of gloves, with everything. And Mr Bodycam was the worst. (Note all the smartass comments @19:30. Just what a bunch of tools.). They even punch holes in their own theory multiple times. They had no reason to charge him with possession, and they knew it.

This whole thing was easy money for any defense attorney. These cops weren't trying to be professional. They weren't trying to build a good case. This was about trying to trick Shai into saying something wrong.

This only reinforces my opinion. This was all about fixing some guy up with a night (at least) in jail.

2. Default Re: Werts' attorney tells WJCL that all charges have been dropped

I wonder of Werts will take the same route on Hwy 38, Chapells Road, through Saluda anymore?

Default Re: Werts' attorney tells WJCL that all charges have been dropped

Quote Originally Posted by aristocracker View Post
    I wonder of Werts will take the same route on Hwy 38, Chapells Road, through Saluda anymore?
    Only in a helicopter.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Eagle View Post
    https://youtu.be/1fBOzw6KR_s

It’s pretty eye opening if you ask me. I had different impressions of the chain of events than we guessed at.
    https://youtu.be/8Tx0tk_DfcA

Sorry I meant to post the body cam footage also. It is just as interesting as the dash cam. I’m glad this episode is over, but I still find all the details to be fascinating. The officers were almost giddy to make the collar. If you watch both the dash cam and body cam footage then I think you understand the full story.

- I think the officer was truly angry that Werts continued to drive with his hazard lights blinking.

- I think the officer was convinced that he had a legitimate drug trafficking stop but could not find any evidence.

- Werts’ car was extremely clean on the inside. Vacuumed and not terribly junky (vs my car when I was in college). So, the hood was dirty while the rest of the car was clean. Just as described by the officer in reports.

- I think Werts was extremely truthful and spoke even when he should have remained silent. I don’t think Werts was trying to flee, the hazard lights and the (lack of) rate of speed proved that.

- The officer checked the “poop” for drugs out of desperation. He knew he had nothing and even said Werts must have tossed the “bag”. This was stated even BEFORE they checked the hood for cocaine.

This was a bad situation.
    Last edited by Chris Eagle; 19th August 2019 at 07:50 PM.

Also how can Shai "dip" from the cop when the lights were never engaged until about a minute before being pulled over? The officer can't say that because his lights were not on at that point. This should be sent to all LEO's, how not to pull someone over 101.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

6. Default Re: Werts' attorney tells WJCL that all charges have been dropped

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Also how can Shai "dip" from the cop when the lights were never engaged until about a minute before being pulled over? The officer can't say that because his lights were not on at that point. This should be sent to all LEO's, how not to pull someone over 101.

I think he was attempting to confuse Werts.

It’s hard to tell.

He’s such a jughead, I think he confused himself more than anything else.

He talks himself into arresting werts, for speeding or for “dipping out” (even though the lights weren’t on.) Then, he and his buddies go full Keystone cops on the whole thing. From making fun of his cooler, to assuming he can’t afford nice stuff.... And even made a cheesy comment about his scholarship.

I still have no idea at all how they thought they could search the vehicle.

They clearly opened the door and jumped right in before even seeing the white substance.....

(I know, someone will jump right in and say the search was “incident to arrest,” but werts was not arrested until 20 minutes after the search began.)

These goons have no business in law enforcement. They can’t possibly be so confused about probable cause. “Dipping out” is probable cause for nothing. This whole thing was just a disaster.

People are supposed to have rights. Pisses me off when some idiots like this go full retard...... People aren’t supposed to be deprived of their freedom without going through constitutional steps.

I've tried to refrain from commenting on the whole situation since the charges were dropped. And I absolutely support law enforcement. Heck I even did a ridealong with a Sheriff deputy not too long ago so I got to see their side of things. But watching the dash cam and body cam shows that the arresting officer really needs more training.

My father is a criminal defense attorney and he didn't see the entire sets of footage, but seeing the cliff notes his immediate response was, "yeah i'd say this young man has a pretty good claim for illegal search and false imprisonment."

No clue what South Carolina's civil laws are- but I guess we may find out. This deputy probably could have saved himself and his county a great deal of embarrassment by simply talking through the situation with Shai, rather than assuming he was not being truthful.

8. Default Re: Werts' attorney tells WJCL that all charges have been dropped

Quote Originally Posted by KCEagle View Post
    I've tried to refrain from commenting on the whole situation since the charges were dropped. And I absolutely support law enforcement. Heck I even did a ridealong with a Sheriff deputy not too long ago so I got to see their side of things. But watching the dash cam and body cam shows that the arresting officer really needs more training.
    Let's be real here: It's not a "Training" issue........It's a "Quality" issue.