TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 115

Thread: Athletics Tweets re: GS Sports

  1. Default Re: Athletics Tweets re: GS Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    Foley, haha

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sugar Hill, Ga
    Posts
    10,636

    Default Re: Athletics Tweets re: GS Sports


  3. #23

    Default Re: Athletics Tweets re: GS Sports

    Savannah wouldn't sell out little Memorial stadium if the Falcons and Jaguars were playing.

  4. Default Re: Athletics Tweets re: GS Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    Savannah wouldn't sell out little Memorial stadium if the Falcons and Jaguars were playing.
    Savannah is a great city, but sports ain’t it’s strong suit.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Athletics Tweets re: GS Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Savannah is a great city, but sports ain’t it’s strong suit.
    The bananas have had decent success, but they also have 28ish games to the 70+ the gnats would have. Simple supply and demand.

    I hope Friday's event is well attended, but part of me wonders if it wouldn't be slightly more successful on a Saturday

  6. #26

    Default Re: Athletics Tweets re: GS Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    The bananas have had decent success, but they also have 28ish games to the 70+ the gnats would have. Simple supply and demand.

    I hope Friday's event is well attended, but part of me wonders if it wouldn't be slightly more successful on a Saturday
    It will take a while before GS is able to pull casual fans out to events like this, especially while Kirby and the dwags are in the national title picture year in and year out. I went to the event last year, and as a hardcore GS fan, I felt it was kind of...eh, so I can imagine how a casual fan would feel. The setup was kind of disjointed and if not for the inflatables we probably would not have stayed as long as we did. We also had a hard time finding the food trucks, which were set up on the other side from where we parked so we never saw them. Hopefully this year will have a better layout/format, and being in a better location maybe it will attract more people.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Athletics Tweets re: GS Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    It will take a while before GS is able to pull casual fans out to events like this, especially while Kirby and the dwags are in the national title picture year in and year out. I went to the event last year, and as a hardcore GS fan, I felt it was kind of...eh, so I can imagine how a casual fan would feel. The setup was kind of disjointed and if not for the inflatables we probably would not have stayed as long as we did. We also had a hard time finding the food trucks, which were set up on the other side from where we parked so we never saw them. Hopefully this year will have a better layout/format, and being in a better location maybe it will attract more people.
    You and 50 others ARE THE SAVANNAH MARKET! and if you all keep having kids that will be about the only way we expand our market there.(smile).

  8. #28

    Default Re: Athletics Tweets re: GS Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    You and 50 others ARE THE SAVANNAH MARKET! and if you all keep having kids that will be about the only way we expand our market there.(smile).
    I've got two that I'm trying my hardest to raise to be True Blue. I think in time it will grow, I just dont know how the majority can become GS fans while there is so much red influence around here. Most of those people are also GS fans, but they are red #1, trueblue #2.

  9. Default Re: Athletics Tweets re: GS Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I've got two that I'm trying my hardest to raise to be True Blue. I think in time it will grow, I just dont know how the majority can become GS fans while there is so much red influence around here. Most of those people are also GS fans, but they are red #1, trueblue #2.
    It’s that way all across the state.

    The best way to address it is to WIN.

    We take down a couple more P5s and we will gain a lot more interest.

    We take the next step, and win against a legit P5 or two and people will notice. Let’s say I mention something about being at the App state game to some casual fan or someone with a passing interest in our level.... 100% of the time, they will say “they beat Michigan.”

    P5s are Force multipliers. We start tossing a few and we will be on the map big time.

    I’d love to hear “Hey.... Didn’t y’all beat LSU?”

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sugar Hill, Ga
    Posts
    10,636

    Default Re: Athletics Tweets re: GS Sports


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •