TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transportation from New Orleans?

Default Transportation from New Orleans?

Does anybody know of any transportation available from New Orleans and back for the LSU game? We have a group of seven and I'm striking out! Thanks.
    Buzzy Banks Augusta College 1982
    Lauren Beattie Banks, my wife, GSC 1981
    Lee Banks, 3rd son, GSU 2010
    William Banks, 4th son, GSU 2013
    Eagle fan since Lee became an Eagle under Hatcher
    Athletic Foundation member since 2015

Default Re: Transportation from New Orleans?

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzEagle View Post
    Does anybody know of any transportation available from New Orleans and back for the LSU game? We have a group of seven and I'm striking out! Thanks.
    We have a group of 3. Eight now it's a just us driving a car there and back.
    Just One More Time!!!

3. Default Re: Transportation from New Orleans?

Did you try Rally Bus from New Orleans to Baton Rouge? Looks like it's about $50 per round trip.

Rally Rideshare
    "Book your seat for travel on a high-end bus to Georgia Southern University vs Louisiana State University at LSU Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, LA on Saturday, August 31, 2019 without the hassles of driving, parking, or navigating traffic."
    https://rally.co/lsu-tigers-gsu-eagles

Not a bad option if you don't mind being "late" as will get to LSU at 3:30ish. It also requires 18 paid commitments.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I took two minutes to look at minivans at National and don't see them sold out. Travelocity shows 16 options. What's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    I took two minutes to look at minivans at National and don't see them sold out. Travelocity shows 16 options. What's the problem?
    DUI is the problem. People want a sober driver. It's called being responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    DUI is the problem. People want a sober driver. It's called being responsible.
    OP should clarify that then, I wouldn't have assumed everyone needed to be trashed on both ends of the round trip nor would I want to be that presumptuous.
    If that's the case I'd say picking one person out of seven to be able to drive could fall under the umbrella of "responsible".
    There's enough time in a day it doesn't even need to be the same person, everyone gets a chance to get wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    OP should clarify that then, I wouldn't have assumed everyone needed to be trashed on both ends of the round trip nor would I want to be that presumptuous.
    If that's the case I'd say picking one person out of seven to be able to drive could fall under the umbrella of "responsible".
    There's enough time in a day it doesn't even need to be the same person, everyone gets a chance to get wasted.
    Even if that's the case, someone "sobers up" they can easily still register as over .08 (assuming that's the rule in LA). Once I found out the BR rooms were regularly priced I switched over for Friday/Saturday. Got a Holiday Inn for like $110/night 3-5 miles from the stadium. As much fun as 3 days on Bourbon Street would be, this was the wise choice.

Buzz, tell Will Garns says hi, think about him a lot. Still have that Florida run up in my man cave!(smile), I have no idea how you get from the Big Easy to LSU, have you thought about a rental car?

Someone in the Facebook fan group has a party bus they are putting together. Not sure if you have been in contact with him or not. I can try to get an email unless you are in the group and want to comment there.
    https://facebook.com/groups/13498575...55117177914668