TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem Solved

1. Default Problem Solved

Now that there's plenty of film out there, the gun option is too easy of an offense for a P5 to shutdown on opening day. Going forward, don't schedule anymore P5 season openers...we'll just have to take our beatings with what already may be scheduled.

Default Re: Problem Solved

Agreed!!!!

Yeah that ain't the problem.

4. Default Re: Problem Solved

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Yeah that ain't the problem.
    with the resources we have to work with it is...and last night was another example of it.

Our offensive scheme didnít give up 42 points and 7.6 YPP in the first half.
    Last edited by GSUfanforever; 1st September 2019 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Worse than I originally thought

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    Our offensive scheme didnít give up 42 points and 7.3 YPP in the first half.
    But our offensive scheme didnt get a first down in the first half either, which doesn't exactly help the defense. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    But our offensive scheme didnt get a first down in the first half either, which doesn't exactly help the defense. At all.
    YPP measures defensive ability to stop on a per play basis, whether that is one play or a hundred. Just because our offense isnít working doesnít mean our defense doesnít have to as well.

8. Default Re: Problem Solved

The drop off in defense is what concerns me most.

They had two shut down quarters against a NC team last season, and last night they somehow let LSU do absolutely anything they desired.

I know we lost a couple of great players on D, but I wasn't expecting that kind of performance.

Defense was abysmal. Missed tackles were the norm last night. We need to schedule every big team we can anytime we can because it exposes our weaknesses, and there were PLENTY. Our coaches simply didn’t have the team ready to play. The new punter looked great. He got lots and lots of reps last night. Bottom line is we weren’t ready to play, and with the disparity in talent, it got embarrassingly ugly. Johnson C. Smith ugly. Our coaches were NOT prepared, and I’m seriously questioning our recruiting at this point. The talent gap was GLARING
    Last edited by oldfart; 1st September 2019 at 11:06 AM.

10. Default Re: Problem Solved

Why did our Offense run it up the middle so much? Against LSU's 350 pound NT. The offense looked so similar to it did under Summers.