TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paulson Stadium Changes for 2019

Default Re: Paulson Stadium Changes for 2019

I'm not happy with chairs with seat backs not being permitted unless you rent one from the university. I couldn't find another school in the Sun Belt that had a similar policy. UGA even allows them to a certain size. This makes the nice ones I bought from the university a couple of years ago pretty much useless.

2. Default Re: Paulson Stadium Changes for 2019

Quote Originally Posted by paladinpunisher View Post
    I'm not happy with chairs with seat backs not being permitted unless you rent one from the university. I couldn't find another school in the Sun Belt that had a similar policy. UGA even allows them to a certain size. This makes the nice ones I bought from the university a couple of years ago pretty much useless.
    I think it came about because of people throwing things.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    That's a plausible reason besides just being a cash grab, but I'm still not happy with it. I guess I'll just adjust my annual donation downward so I'm still within budget and get on with my life.

Hopefully I can get a seat before they add raised bollards to the benches to increase rentals.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Giant eagle head frisbees are one thing... but WTF is throwing a $50 stadium seat??
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Giant eagle head frisbees are one thing... but WTF is throwing a $50 stadium seat??
    Bingo!

If it were due to a concern about people throwing things, why not ban foam seat cushions that you can toss like a frisbee? Those thing fly a helluva lot further than a $50 chair.

6. Default Re: Paulson Stadium Changes for 2019

The seats are gone because people brought in huge seats that took over their neighbors' seats.

I think the reasoning behind the chairs is that people were bringing in stadium seats that were either wider than Paulson's normal seat width (overlapping onto someone else's seat).

You gotta think that seat sizes have remained relatively unchanged in Paulson in the lower decks for almost 40 years now and stadium seat manufacturers are likely producing larger seats to accommodate the people buying their products who don't necessarily use the seats to squeeze into a smaller sized seat in a football stadium.

tl;dr what Klak said

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    The seats are gone because people brought in huge seats that took over their neighbors' seats.
    Well if the seats weren't so narrow than only a malnourished 3 year old would fit... I mean damn, some of us have bigger ***** than others!

If anything, they need to do an expansion and then renumber the seats removing every 3rd seat. We live in the south, we eat fried foods... did you see the new concessions menu? Hell... fix it to accommodate your target audience. If they aren't going to sell Coke Zero, then you gotta make up for the extra caloric intake!!
    Last edited by Pike51; 6th September 2019 at 11:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    Then why not ban seats over a certain size, as UGA does? And why still sell them at the bookstore? In any case, the rental seats look just as big as the older ones.

I hate to be that guy that threatens his donations, but I’m definitely lowering my donation to the Athletic Department to offset the cost of renting a seat. And when you factor in the cost of the seat and paying someone to install it, it’s going to be a revenue loss for them, which I really don’t want!

It's not just the side to side overhang with some of the seat backs. some of them were too deep for their seats thus eliminating the legroom of the people behind them. I understand the decision, but I don't fully support it considering what they charge for a seat rental for the season is what I can pay for a seat that will last me years if not a lifetime. As far as seat size, I thought they were supposed to go back through a few years ago, say 2012 or so, and remember this as some of you have suggested, but I don't think that ever happened. I believe some of the newer seating that has been installed is faced a little differently, but I could be wrong.