TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paulson Social Club

Default Paulson Social Club

My mom always told me that before you complain, have a solution. I travel to most away games, and attend all home games. I will be blunt, we have a lot to improve upon as fans. Not to get into the specific stories, but I see our younger fans getting worse.

At Paulson, I see visiting fans treated horribly. Away from Paulson, it may be even worse. I know we all have our own stories, and you may disagree, but I think we can improve.
    Part of the problem is younger fans don't know any better. They act on the road the same as at Paulson. They Yell F App State because its easy.

I have a good friend that went to Boise State. He told me about a group that hardcore alumni created to educate and organize fans on the road and at home. This group has grown into a neighborhood association type organization. Elects a board and has meetings. They set the Themes for Tailgates at home and help get groups get together at Away games. They even give out Tailgates of the Week prizes that have sponsorships and cash.

Why is this important or who cares? I don't want our fans to continue to have a poor reputation, especially as we start to play better opponents. I want Visiting Fans to want to visit GS when they play us. There is a reason Troy and App fans don't come to Paulson. And if you don't want visiting fans, then you don't like good football atmospheres.

I would love to see fans organize and create a group to help take our atmosphere up a level. I know there are some great tailgates with great people, and they love guests. I am talking about an atmosphere similar to a Jimmy Buffett concert. Not in size, but in a welcoming attitude. I would love to see alumni who haven't visiting GS in years, but come back. They have no where to go, but show up to the Paulson parking lot. They wander around and meet welcoming people and leave wanting to come back every weekend.
    'Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.' - Darrell Royal

2. Default Re: Paulson Social Club

I REALLY like this idea.

Perhaps we could even make up some ‘Do Right’ business cards to distribute to the bad actors.

Something simple like that might be a good reminder of where we came from and what that slogan is supposed to be about. Erk definitely wouldn’t put up with the kind of stuff I’ve heard about.

I have heard too many stories of opposing fans being treated poorly. That stuff tends to feed on itself. It needs to stop.

If we ever want to see Paulson developed out, we gotta fill it up. We ain’t gonna do that by making it a place people are afraid to attend.

Default Re: Paulson Social Club

As long as we keep our fans from yelling "Whose House" at away games... that **** is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    As long as we keep our fans from yelling "Whose House" at away games... that **** is embarrassing.
    Yes.

Plus Won.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

6. Default Re: Paulson Social Club

IDK....

Might could be useful at a certain dumpster near downtown Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    IDK....

Only after we set the W/L in our favor imop.

I can see the Whose house at an away game in some cases IF we are winning late in the game - but somebody started that crap in the first Qtr AT LSU! Seriously?

It was nice at UTC back when we used to win NC's there.

The do right cards - when done with right approach and a quote credit (in case they don't know who said it) - could work.

We should be known for SOUTHERN hospitality. I also understand why some of us feel the way we do about ole' uga - but maybe we could tone that down a bit too. I like the videos where AP was going around giving out GS T-shirts to people wearing other team's stuff.

8. Default Re: Paulson Social Club

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Only after we set the W/L in our favor imop.

I can see the Whose house.. at an away game in some cases - but somebody started that crap in the first Qtr AT LSU! Seriously?

It was nice at UTC back when we used to win NC's there.

The do right cards - when done with right approach and a quote credit (in case they don't know who said it) - could work.

We should be known for SOUTHERN hospitality. I also understand why some of us feel the way we do about ole' uga - but maybe we could tone that down a bit too. I like the videos where AP was going around giving out GS T-shirts to people wearing other team's stuff.
    Yeah.....

Chanting it at LSU would have been retarded.

9. Default Re: Paulson Social Club

I absolutely loathe it.

10. Default Re: Paulson Social Club

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    IDK....

Our house is Paulson. Not a dumpster in Atl. That's their craphole and they can have it. Is how i view it.