TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Paulson Social Club

Default Re: Paulson Social Club

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    My sister stopped taking her kids to Georgia Southern games because of our fans.
    Is AppFan82 your sister? A quote from that poster "note that I am of "grandma" age "
    Assuming it's a female or otherwise would have expected it to read "grandpa age"

2. Default Re: Paulson Social Club

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    I can appreciate what you are saying. But I wouldn't let the actions of opposing team's fans stop me from going to be the 12th man, especially in a hostile environment. I've been treated horribly in Boone, but I still go back.
    I understand if your age prevents that and I'm not judging you for that.

That said - we - AS EVERYBODY else - do have our share of bad fans.

But we DO NOT have a "culture" problem. App state is honestly one of the worst places for visiting rival fans.. I mean like the entire town of Boone. I can respect the entire town getting behind THEIR team though - wish we had that problem in Statesboro and less uga fans. Y'all don't exactly know what that's like not having an in state SEC program. But we are App's arch rival. You can be assured that most of our fans aren't given other team's fans the full "Mountaineer" treatment in Statesboro as I'm sure your's aren't dealing out the "EAGLE" welcome to all the other teams you play. App is going to get our worst treatment, they've earned it! Both on and off the field. A lot of that is actually respect, a fair amount is retaliation, some of it is goo ole hate and the rest is ignorance being carried out by a few bad apples.

Let's just straighten out as many of those gone astray as we can and leave the "culture" alone - It's actually a great one imop! It SHOULD be hostile - but it should also be done with Southern Hospitality.
    Oh, it's not my age that keeps me from coming back. It's the spitting in the face and threatening bodily harm that will keep me out of Statesboro. "Hostile" is what you get at LSU and Penn State ... without the physical assaults. It's one thing to cheer loudly for one's team and make it tough on the other team's offense to hear. That's what makes being a fan fun. It's another thing altogether to attack an opposing fan simply because she's got on a black shirt. [I did finally get some help from a cop and managed to stay for the entire game.]

3. Default Re: Paulson Social Club

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Is AppFan82 your sister? A quote from that poster "note that I am of "grandma" age "
    Assuming it's a female or otherwise would have expected it to read "grandpa age"
    Yes, I'm female and a lifelong football fan. Elmothemoose and I are not kin.

Quote Originally Posted by AppFan82 View Post
    Oh, it's not my age that keeps me from coming back. It's the spitting in the face and threatening bodily harm that will keep me out of Statesboro. "Hostile" is what you get at LSU and Penn State ... without the physical assaults. It's one thing to cheer loudly for one's team and make it tough on the other team's offense to hear. That's what makes being a fan fun. It's another thing altogether to attack an opposing fan simply because she's got on a black shirt. [I did finally get some help from a cop and managed to stay for the entire game.]
    There is no excuse for that behavior, and let me take a minute to apologize to you on behalf of us all. But I wouldn't call that anywhere close to being a common happening in Statesboro.
    I too was not only threatened but actually physically attacked by an App fan on the way out of a game in Boone. Guy tried to shove me over into a huge muddy flower pot - which he failed to do and then got more than he could chew. While Boone is hostile to Eagles, most don't cross that line like what happened to you and I. And most here don't either.

I just think it's going to far to consider it to be a culture problem. It's a few idiots - they're everywhere, and we all need to reign them in. No more here than anywhere else.

Oh.. that's right.... it's Elmothemoose not Elmothegoat.... my bad

I "kid", I "kid"... Really just kidding.

See, that's the kind of fan ribbing that SHOULD go on between rivals. Not that crap you encountered. Don't think for a second that we condone that behavior.

An App fan coming here and preaching to us about fan behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    An App fan coming here and preaching to us about fan behavior.

Exactly, its a worn out narrative. I've seen this behavior while in Boone, but it won't keep me from coming back in the future.

It's a numbers game really, the more people you have in an event, the likely you'll begin to have a cross section of society. Sorry, but I'm not here to solve someone's problems in life during my 3 hours in Paulson or in Boone.

Some of you should sit in the 3rd deck of an NFL game to get the full effect of what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by TheEagleWay; 10th September 2019 at 08:24 PM.

Pics or get out! LOL

2012 was about as hostile of an environment I’ve ever seen at a sporting event. Now, why we had opposing fans sit in the middle of the student section is beyond me (somebody correct me if I’m wrong on that). App fans and Georgia Southern students were yelling at each other pretty much the whole game. I mean some fans for both teams cheered when players on the other team got hurt. Georgia Southern fans even harassed the officials after the game. I can believe anything people say happened at that game.

Spit on in the stadium? Wow. That is unbelievable but I never thought I would ever see a goal post ran through the window of our team bus either and that happened. I guess anything is possible.

As a side note, I would not mention LSU in that group of positive hostile behavior after the fan assaulted the passed out guy with body parts.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1