TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Georgia Southern vs Maine Preview

Default Re: Georgia Southern vs Maine Preview

Gata talk tweeted after the LSU game that we may not win a road game all year and that we were in serious danger of making a bowl game. I think they went full panic mode.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Gata talk tweeted after the LSU game that we may not win a road game all year and that we were in serious danger of making a bowl game. I think they went full panic mode.
    Unless the 5 remaining road games are against teams with future NFL players on their front 7 and an offense we have no film on, I think it's probably a slight overreaction.

Once we whip Maine and LSU convincingly beats Texas, maybe people will start being a bit more optimistic.

Also, it seems that people seem to forget that shai didn't play most of the game either. Tomlin did just fine, but we still went without our starting QB for almost 2/3 of the game.

I hope we win by 35 tomorrow, and LSU wins by 21+ so everybody can quit with this doomsday crap

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    Also, it seems that people seem to forget that shai didn't play most of the game either. Tomlin did just fine, but we still went without our starting QB for almost 2/3 of the game.

I hope we win by 35 tomorrow, and LSU wins by 21+ so everybody can quit with this doomsday crap
    I know it shouldn’t matter, but I’ll feel better if LSU steamrolls a few other teams.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

5. Default Re: Georgia Southern vs Maine Preview

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post

I think everyone is hopeful for that scenario. Doomsday will end and this fan base will start acting like this is a football team that is capable of success once the team gets on the field and looks like a team that is capable of success. Not sure why so many people expect everyone else to put the cart before the horse.

They did reveal an alarming stat (which I havenít confirmed but weíll assume itís correct) - Since 2013, GS is 1-14 on the road against teams that finish with a winning record. Thatís pretty, uh, bad.

7. Default Re: Georgia Southern vs Maine Preview

To be fair, everyone was in full panic mode.

That game was baaaad.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    They did reveal an alarming stat (which I havenít confirmed but weíll assume itís correct) - Since 2013, GS is 1-14 on the road against teams that finish with a winning record. Thatís pretty, uh, bad.
    Yeah and that all but one of our opponents on the road this year have a >.500 average.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    That includes 9 games against Power 5 teams, 2 against App State on a short week, a WMU Access Bowl team, and Navy.

The other two are Tyson Summers' game at Ark St where we got 5 turnovers and lost, and the loss to SBC champs Troy in Coach Lunsford's first game as an interim.

It's not as well as you'd like to do given the schedule, but the context matters.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 6th September 2019 at 05:28 PM.

10. Default Re: Georgia Southern vs Maine Preview

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    That includes 9 games against Power 5 teams, 2 against App State on a short week, a WMU Access Bowl team, and Navy.

The other two are Tyson Summers' game at Ark St where we got 5 turnovers and lost, and the loss to SBC champs Troy in Coach Lunsford's first game as an interim.

It's not as well as you'd like to do given the schedule, but the context matters.
    To some extent.

But we don’t prepare well for road games. We really don’t.

Tx State was a squeaker that we should have won by miles. Lost to (really horrible) Gag team on the road multiple times.

Road games are a problem. We almost fell apart at the Camellia bowl after absolutely owning most of the game.