TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Concessions.....

Default Re: Concessions.....

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    Another fail, it was hot as the 3rd level of hell, and they had no ice cream or frozen lemonade, WTH? If it's really hot, you have plenty of frozen stuff, if it's cold, you have plenty of coffee & hot chocolate...basic.
    Not gonna lie... they need to get a couple of Kona Ice truck inside the stadium for the games. We have these guys come to almost all our car events in Valdosta and they make a killing!!

https://www.kona-ice.com/local-site/...e-of-savannah/
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

2. Default Re: Concessions.....

Not a fan of the new vendor, and I think they were very poorly prepared for the drink orders. They need to find out a more efficient way to take orders/pay out.

Eagle Dining Services at least had a pretty quick get-up.

Quote Originally Posted by gsueagle18 View Post
    Not a fan of the new vendor, and I think they were very poorly prepared for the drink orders. They need to find out a more efficient way to take orders/pay out.

Eagle Dining Services had the exact same damn problem as the new vendor.

EDS never had enough runners. Ibis has the same problem. It's especially a problem when a person in front of me orders 4 Stadium Cups and only one person is there doing the drinks....unpackage, take lid off, fill them, put the lid on, hand to customer x4.

Meanwhile, people aren't paying attention to the ORDER HERE and PICK UP HERE windows and moving the **** out of the way after they order so the next person can order. That would help the process by having orders consistently being taken.

But they need more runners. There should be a lot of people back there moving back and forth. The person at the register should never have to turn unless it's because they're being handed something that's immediately ready from a runner so there's no need for the customer to go to the PICK UP side.

EDS had the exact same issue.

The only thing I'd change with the POS system Ibis is using is to get rid of the signature requirement. Typically most credit card providers don't require it for small purchases anyway, and using your finger on a screen is going to be a pretty poor signature for comparison anyway.
    Last edited by eaglewraith; 9th September 2019 at 09:25 AM.

4. Default Re: Concessions.....

There also were not any souvenir cups (non-alum) on the Press Box side...Hoping this changes.

There also were not any souvenir cups (non-alum) on the Press Box side...Hoping this changes.
    Shipments ahead of the game were affected by the hurricane, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't get as many in as they intended. I'll give them some slack on that, unless we can get control of George Bush's hurricane machine and make sure it doesn't affect any more home games.

6. Default Re: Concessions.....

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Shipments ahead of the game were affected by the hurricane, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't get as many in as they intended. I'll give them some slack on that, unless we can get control of George Bush's hurricane machine and make sure it doesn't affect any more home games.
    I need ole "W" to steer these bad boys away from us down here in FL! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Why is it that someone always chimes in that things are worse elsewhere as if it minimizes someone elses issue? I agree that prices arent that bad compared to other events, but entertainment events in general are stupid expensive.
    Everyone knows that prices at events are stupidly high. The point about it being cheaper than other places is a valid one, though. Yes, it's expensive but we are not being treated as badly as at other events. If they don't want to spend the high prices, don't.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

8. Default Re: Concessions.....

I noticed that they had different line setups for concessions on the press box side. I got my refillable mugs at the one closest to the FOC and it was individual lines for each window. I got my refills at the one on the bishop end and they had one line for the next available window. It looked like the concessions in the middle might have been two order windows and two pickup windows. I figured that they were trying to decide which way worked best.

9. Default Re: Concessions.....

Yes, try next game

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Anyone know whether we are selling the stainless steel cups with cheap refills again?

10. Default Re: Concessions.....

Quote Originally Posted by eagle_GT View Post
    I noticed that they had different line setups for concessions on the press box side. I got my refillable mugs at the one closest to the FOC and it was individual lines for each window. I got my refills at the one on the bishop end and they had one line for the next available window. It looked like the concessions in the middle might have been two order windows and two pickup windows. I figured that they were trying to decide which way worked best.
    - Proof they had no real processes in place. Whomever was responsible from (new vendor) for signing this "contract" needs to get their stuff straight. I travel several hours to go to home games, and don't want to be watching on TV's for 15+ min of game time.

Perhaps some sort of cash only aluminum tub drink setups? Just your basic bottled Coke/D.Coke/Zero/Sprite/Powerade/water on ice?

Would probably speed the window lines up as well...