TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Concessions.....

1. Default Re: Concessions.....

The hurricane had nothing to do with shipments. I was told by worker, there will be no souvenir cups. The refill cups were in the warehouse and they will sell them at next game.

2. Default Re: Concessions.....

The storm? Where were these shipments coming from? Sounds like a bad excuse to me. I was told the extra refillable mugs were in the warehouse at GSU. If you ran out of something it's because you didn't order enough. It all would have come on the same truck. Simply put. If 10 hot dogs did arrive then it could have been 1000, if you ordered them. The ball got dropped. Now they know what they need next game.

Default Re: Concessions.....

Quote Originally Posted by bluegirl19 View Post
    The hurricane had nothing to do with shipments. I was told by worker, there will be no souvenir cups. The refill cups were in the warehouse and they will sell them at next game.
    It did with some shipments... Not just concessions either. Some of the seat rentals were delayed as well. Part of the issue was that campus was shut down, therefore no one was there to receive the orders. Or rather they were there, but there was a miscommunication with the receiving department

https://twitter.com/GSAthletics_FB/s...240857094?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by gsueagle18 View Post
    -

Perhaps some sort of cash only aluminum tub drink setups? Just your basic bottled Coke/D.Coke/Zero/Sprite/Powerade/water on ice?

Would probably speed the window lines up as well...
    Considering how many stadium cups were being sold, a similar dedicated refill fountain station could speed things up in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by BullEagle View Post
    Considering how many stadium cups were being sold, a similar dedicated refill fountain station could speed things up in the future.
    This might be the single, best suggestion I've seen anyone make. No negativity and simply a (very good) suggestion for improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Dont know how many people saw it but a notice was sent out via social media that a number of items they planned to have available for the game were delayed due to trucks not delivering because of the storm.
    I did not, however I did put two and two together.
    Lee Jones
    C/O 2012
    B.M. in Music Ed
    Crawford, Ga
    Section 110

OAS AAS LLS

7. Default Re: Concessions.....

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    It did with some shipments... Not just concessions either. Some of the seat rentals were delayed as well. Part of the issue was that campus was shut down, therefore no one was there to receive the orders. Or rather they were there, but there was a miscommunication with the receiving department

https://twitter.com/GSAthletics_FB/s...240857094?s=19

The weather has nothing to do with an unorganized mess at the windows, ultimately causing people to miss the game.

8. Default Re: Concessions.....

The weather has nothing to do with an unorganized mess at the windows, ultimately causing people to miss the game.
    It could be very easily solved.

Drink runners. Not hard to do.

(I'm just amazed at how long the wait was. I didn't think it would be worse than the old situation. It was so much worse.)

Technically the heat did, as I'm sure there was more demand. However, the lines weren't what we were talking about now was it?
    At least my post wasn't....

Have you ever been to a sporting event? Long lines happen everywhere!!!! Now, can they do something about that? Of course they can. You do realize it was the first game of the season of a brand new concessions contract with workers that most likely were brand new as well? If this were the middle of the season or if they don't do more to correct the problem after week one, then your rant and venom might be a little more valid.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive