TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Concessions.....

Default Re: Concessions.....

Quote Originally Posted by bluegirl19 View Post
    Grace, it was their first football game, but it was their third GSU event. And those were a disaster, too. My daughter's friend has shared information w her, on just how unprepared the new mangement is due to their lack of experience in college level concessions. I would love to give them grace, but if you read their promises to make concessions better than Eagle Dinning did, "from Game 1" and read all their promises and bragging on their expertise in concessions. That's where you have to draw the line, on grace. They did not get the basics right. Giving out hot bottled drinks, with a paper cup of ice, cashiers running after items, food tasting overcooked, running out of items before the first half was over. Employees not trained. These are rookie mistakes, not someone with "expert experience." I am not complaining about things out of their control or going to mention the behind the scenes things I have heard.
    These ppl claimed they could do better than Eagle Dining, that sadly did not happen in their first 3 events.
    But, I am looking foward to the next game, as they up their game! They can only improve if we let them know our concerns. Not all criticism is bad if given to help someone improve. God bless Our Eagle Nation
    +1, good post, I too wasn't impressed, I was expecting better.

Maybe they could put in some ordering kiosk where you could order and prepay. Spread them out so everyone is not jumbled up at the serving counter, then take your receipt to the counter and claim your order. Everyone behind the counter could be dedicated to filling orders and verifying receipts. Have one employee stand between the concessions area and seating so you can slap them if your order is wrong. That employee gets paid a guaranteed 8 hour shift at double wages if they can remain conscious until after the 3rd quarter starts.
    "If you only do what you know you can do- you never do very much.”
    Tom Krause
    "If the plan doesn't work, then change the plan, NOT the GOAL!" Anon.

Quote Originally Posted by WEAGLE View Post
    Maybe they could put in some ordering kiosk where you could order and prepay. Spread them out so everyone is not jumbled up at the serving counter, then take your receipt to the counter and claim your order. Everyone behind the counter could be dedicated to filling orders and verifying receipts. Have one employee stand between the concessions area and seating so you can slap them if your order is wrong. That employee gets paid a guaranteed 8 hour shift at double wages if they can remain conscious until after the 3rd quarter starts.
    Jeeze .. OK Richie Rich. I don't know if you've heard, but this is Georgia Southern...not UGA. You know we can't afford something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by WEAGLE View Post
    Not sure how much those kiosks cost but the Braves did add them this season to several concession stands. You can even order beer from them.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I'd imagine benefit to cost ratio on most things installed somewhere that's only open about 20 hours a year ain't gonna be great so they've got to be picky.

How were they this week?, went up at half time to refill my water bottle and saw long lines of people standing aimlessly, not smiling. I figured the lack of grins was attributed to our poor play in first half, it certainly couldn't be because of the new and improved concessions(smile).

How was consessions on visitor side?

Grandson went down with 7 minutes in second quarter returned with 10 minutes left of half time.

Not good

Left soon after halftime to get a refill..took 8 football minutes to get it...

9. Default Re: Concessions.....

I only went once before the game.

Got me a powerade and my wife a water.

I didn't go back. Lines looked to be at least 30 mins. I just refilled at water fountains.

Didn't see any improvement from last game.

Hot dogs are $1 in the 4th qtr-no waiting
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose