TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CCL and his onside kicks...

1. Default Re: CCL and his onside kicks...

Quote Originally Posted by TheEagleWay View Post
    IMO, he was trolling the Maine head coach.

As the last 20 seconds was rolling.. the Maine coach was furious about something and was directing his anger to our sidelines. As he began walking towards the locker room and neared the end zone, Chad call the TO, the Maine coach went ballistic. He began to pound his chest and pointing towards our sidelines looking like a lunatic.

I'd love to know the genesis of this.
    We need the cannon back on that side...

That (inadvertent ) firing which made the opposing coach jump out of his skin was a thing of glory!

Default Re: CCL and his onside kicks...

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Officials were all over us all night, and sure missed some obvious stuff Maine was getting away with. (As usual.)
    I thought they missed one on us around midfield when one of our defensive players dragged down a Maine player well after the whistle. Was really surprised nothing was called.

Officials were all over us all night, and sure missed some obvious stuff Maine was getting away with. (As usual.)
    Refs are obviously small town corrupt cops.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    I thought they missed one on us around midfield when one of our defensive players dragged down a Maine player well after the whistle. Was really surprised nothing was called.
    They could have gotten us for several late hits last night. Several times I was waiting for it when we hit one of their guys after he already went down. I also don’t know that Maine’s fumble on the goal line was a fumble. Refs did us some favors last night.

5. Default Re: CCL and his onside kicks...

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I’m still wondering what happened with the timeout at the end of the first half.

Was Lunsford hoping that Charlton would get kicked out of the game?
    You know.....

I finally got around to watching the video.

I think CL was totally trolling that idiot from Maine. That opposing coach was losing it about something or another. He had already thrown his headset somewhere and was prancing toward the locker room like a little nerd.

I think CL was just ****ing with him. Props for that!!

In one of the post game interviews I saw, CCL said that on the first kick off that their middle front guys were exploding back without even looking at the ball. It was something our coaches noticed and wanted to take advantage of it and keep the momentum in our favor. Obviously, their coaches in the box saw it too and corrected it before we did the onsides kick. It was weird, but if it had worked, very few if anyone would be questioning it. We have to work on it sometime in real game action, Maine and early in the game where it won't kill you was as good of a time as any.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

7. Default Re: CCL and his onside kicks...

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    In one of the post game interviews I saw, CCL said that on the first kick off that their middle front guys were exploding back without even looking at the ball. It was something our coaches noticed and wanted to take advantage of it and keep the momentum in our favor. Obviously, their coaches in the box saw it too and corrected it before we did the onsides kick. It was weird, but if it had worked, very few if anyone would be questioning it. We have to work on it sometime in real game action, Maine and early in the game where it won't kill you was as good of a time as any.
    Did Maine’s staff really notice it too, or did they bait our staff? Hmm.

Well, if that is indeed the reason we tried it, I get that.

What were they doing exploding back?, to get a better view of Bass's kickoff's going into the Bishop Building seats?

9. Default Re: CCL and his onside kicks...

Honest Question:

When is the last time an onside kick actually worked for us? A decade ago? More?

Why even waste time with that? We have such a low success rate with those things. Clearly, they ain’t worth the trouble.

(A weapon in your toolkit needs to be dangerous. Our onside kicks are never remotely dangerous for our opponents.)

Honest Question:

When is the last time an onside kick actually worked for us? A decade ago? More?

Why even waste time with that? We have such a low success rate with those things. Clearly, they ain’t worth the trouble.

(A weapon in your toolkit needs to be dangerous. Our onside kicks are never remotely dangerous for our opponents.)
    If you only do them when they are expecting them, of course they are not going to be successful all the time. But you have to at least try when given the opportunity, and you have to keep them on their toes.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive