TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    The stats do no bear out what you're saying. At All. 6.2 vs 3.2ypc

The stats are irrelevant at this point. JT got statistically fat against Maine, while Shai was held to -7 yards against LSU.

I know you’ve watched enough football to see how much more of a “natural” runner Shai is. No one over 180 pounds on this team even compares. Edit: except maybe Brinson. (smile)

Then again, you were consistent in your belief that Upshaw was a better QB than Ellison. Maybe we just see different things.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    The stats are irrelevant at this point. JT got statistically fat against Maine, while Shai was held to -7 yards against LSU.

I know you’ve watched enough football to see how much more of a “natural” runner Shai is. No one over 180 pounds on this team even compares. Edit: except maybe Brinson. (smile)

Then again, you were consistent in your belief that Upshaw was a better QB than Ellison. Maybe we just see different things.
    Probably, but I see a much higher ceiling with Tomlin right now. Shai is doing everything he can do within this system and we are what we are. If Tomlin had 1/2 the reps Shai had with the #1's, we'd be at least 2-2. Of course, if we lose to USA, I'm all in for playing Tomlin.

3. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Probably, but I see a much higher ceiling with Tomlin right now. Shai is doing everything he can do within this system and we are what we are. If Tomlin had 1/2 the reps Shai had with the #1's, we'd be at least 2-2. Of course, if we lose to USA, I'm all in for playing Tomlin.

If we lose to USA, we should all wear bags on our heads.

(There should not even be a legit "if" to that statement, but we all know it's very legit.)

4. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    If we lose to USA, we should all wear bags on our heads
    Feel free to go ahead and do that, in fact I encourage it... no matter what, GS will always be my alma mater and I will remain a proud alumnus.

Tomlin doesn't have anything to do with our defense being gassed for long runs and their OL making our DL non-existent. Tomlin does not make us 2-2. He may have more straight line speed than Shai, but that is it.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Feel free to go ahead and do that, in fact I encourage it... no matter what, GS will always be my alma mater and I will remain a proud alumnus.
    +1,000
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

7. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Uhhh. I think it was a figure of speech pointing out how bad USA is. Calm down with the emotional stuff.

The stats do no bear out what you're saying. At All. 6.2 vs 3.2ypc

and a justin tomlin led offense got us what, 20 yards in the 2nd half against Minnesota?

9. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Quote Originally Posted by buddyroe View Post
    Uhhh. I think it was a figure of speech pointing out how bad USA is. Calm down with the emotional stuff.
    You “think?” Well, if you don’t know then get lost and do you, I’ll do me.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    and a justin tomlin led offense got us what, 20 yards in the 2nd half against Minnesota?
    A Werts led team got us 90 yards of TOTAL offense in the first half against a G5 opponent. What's your point?