TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 LastLast

Thread: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Our offense just inhales vigorously gang. QB ain't the problem.

2. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    It only inhales vigorously because playcalling has made us so one-dimensional.

Sure, the OL isn’t opening any holes..... But that shouldn’t matter.

We have two QBs who can throw. We have guys who can catch. I think we could even find our way around the edge a time or two with any kind of lead blocks.

But no. It appears we are gonna Stowers until we have a new OC. “ Up da middle “ all day every day. “Establish the dive” into a wall of defenders all season. God forbid we try something else.

Sure. The dive isn’t working because there won’t any holes. Well, if they ain’t there at this point, then use another dimension. Actually a couple more dimensions.

The dive fixation is gonna wreck this season. It ain’t gonna start working all of a sudden. We simply don’t have the right OL for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    It only inhales vigorously because playcalling has made us so one-dimensional.

Sure, the OL isn’t opening any holes..... But that shouldn’t matter.

We have two QBs who can throw. We have guys who can catch. I think we could even find our way around the edge a time or two with any kind of lead blocks.

But no. It appears we are gonna Stowers until we have a new OC. “ Up da middle “ all day every day. “Establish the dive” into a wall of defenders all season. God forbid we try something else.

Sure. The dive isn’t working because there won’t any holes. Well, if they ain’t there at this point, then use another dimension. Actually a couple more dimensions.

The dive fixation is gonna wreck this season. It ain’t gonna start working all of a sudden. We simply don’t have the right OL for it.
    How can you type that with a straight face?????? "I know the blocking inhales vigorously, but it's the OC's fault for calling terrible plays"
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Maybe they will listen to you. Nobody wanted to hear it last week when Shai Werts was going to come in and save the day.

Neither Werts nor Tomlin are bad QB’s. Werts is a better runner and Tomlin a better passer. Personally I think when both of their careers are over Tomlin will be seen as the better QB but right now neither stand much of a chance of being the QB of a good offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

5. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    How can you type that with a straight face?????? "I know the blocking inhales vigorously, but it's the OC's fault for calling terrible plays"
    It’s the OC’s fault for calling the ONE play that 100% depends on holes being there when they obviously never will be.

We do seem to call the dive about 2/3 of the time-do we not?

(There are many other plays available. We just don’t try them. Ever.)

Go back and watch Stowers. This is precisely the same sad level of playcalling .

(At least Stowers had an excuse. He didn't have guys who could throw or catch reliably. We do.)

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    It’s the OC’s fault for calling the ONE play that 100% depends on holes being there when they obviously never will be.

We do seem to call the dive about 2/3 of the time-do we not?

(There are many other plays available. We just don’t try them. Ever.)

Go back and watch Stowers. This is precisely the same sad level of playcalling .

(At least Stowers had an excuse. He didn't have guys who could throw or catch reliably. We do.)
    No we don't. But you are only fixated on those so that is all you want to see.

EVERY run play depends on holes being opened. Even if it is to the outside.

Your broken record complaints need to stop. You are fixated on the wrong thing and every time you start to type, you prove over and over again that you don't know what you are talking about. I don't know if Debesse shot your dog, or pooped cocaine on your car hood, but you're reaching the level of being a stalker.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

7. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    No we don't. But you are only fixated on those so that is all you want to see.

EVERY run play depends on holes being opened. Even if it is to the outside.

Your broken record complaints need to stop. You are fixated on the wrong thing and every time you start to type, you prove over and over again that you don't know what you are talking about. I don't know if Debesse shot your dog, or pooped cocaine on your car hood, but you're reaching the level of being a stalker.
    OK.

Lets talk about lead blocking then.

If there are no holes in the o-line, we could run around the side.

IF there were attempts at lead blocking.

Several times we tried that, and I couldn’t see any kind of lead blocks even being attempted. Watch some film from the Fritz era, how awesome we were at that. Then get back to me about how this is all peaches and cream.

It’s true we can’t establish the dive. This offense WILL NOT work without establishing the dive. So is it the coaches fault for not trying?

you're right. OL play has nothing to do with it.

Let's just run every play to the edge. That will solve all of our problems. Defenses won't adjust to that or anything.

Every option offense in history needs the dive/IZ to be effective.
    That was the base play in Fritz's offense too. Against NCSU, our first 8 plays consisted of 5 inside zone runs, the 5th one going for the 50 yard TD run.
    Against app in 2015 we opened with 4 out of 8 plays being IZ run plays.

The problem isn't that we are calling IZ plays, as that will always be a staple of an option offense.

I forgot who said it in another thread, but I would like to see us go back to no huddle. Watching some highlights from other games, doing the quick set at the line definitely makes the defense shuffle around a lot right before the play snap.

I think other things could be done to help our chances on some other types of plays, but to say alone that we should move away from the IZ read will just limit us even more.

Bingo!

It’s systemic + coaching + players. EVERYONE should carry responsibility for this struggle we’re seeing on O.

Shai is a heck of a runner and has some passing ability. Tomlin has very good passing ability and a good runner. They each bring something to the table.

We do have to develop a passing game to balance or offset what we’re trying to do in the ground. Historically, one dimensional teams cap out somewhere.

For the most part, I feel like coaching is the greater issue than players, although the snapping nightmares have been drive killers.