TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

1. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Who else almost had a damned heart attack when Tomlin slid into the wall?
    +1

2. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Who else almost had a damned heart attack when Tomlin slid into the wall?
    Me. I had a look of terror on my face

3. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I really want to believe that, but as well as Tomlin played combined with the way the OL played make it tough for me. I certainly hope your right.
    Tomlin reminded of Werts his freshman year. Hasn't figured out the touch thing yet when it comes to throwing. As good as he looked, i just don't think he's as quick as Werts.

Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    Tomlin reminded of Werts his freshman year. Hasn't figured out the touch thing yet when it comes to throwing. As good as he looked, i just don't think he's as quick as Werts.
    i have to disagree, Tomlin is quicker. This kid played a great game for his first college start. We got two QB's now. I have confidence in Tomlin.

5. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Me. I had a look of terror on my face
    I was close enough I heard a “snap”.

I guess it was a shoe or helmet hitting hard.

I was sick to my stomach. After hearing that, I was certain that Tomlin broke something. Both he and the defender hit hard.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    i have to disagree, Tomlin is quicker. This kid played a great game for his first college start. We got two QB's now. I have confidence in Tomlin.
    I honestly think Tomlin has a higher ceiling than Werts. He broke a couple of tackles tonight that would have downed Werts

Quote Originally Posted by EagleNationRising View Post
    I honestly think Tomlin has a higher ceiling than Werts. He broke a couple of tackles tonight that would have downed Werts
    watching Werts tonight, I highly doubt he will be 100% for Minnesota.

Agree, his touchdown run reminded me of the upshaw go daddy bowl td run. Albeit I don’t think quite as fast but he makes up for it by not succumbing to shoestring tackles. . . He’s getting valuable experience for sure.

9. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleNationRising View Post
    He is very solid.

Only flaw I saw was possibly accuracy on a pitch or two.

With some experience, he will be very good.

(My biggest concern is playcalling. It was absolutely horrendous all night. No matter how good any QB is, you can't call retarded plays continuously. Whomever is calling this crap needs to be relieved if we want to win any more games.)

Lunsford needs to look into that aspect, very seriously. It is a very big problem.

10. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

I’m not going to criticize Werts to compliment Tomlin. I did rewatch his tape when Werts’ unfortunate illegitimate legal situation unfolded.He looked faster tonight against college competition. The throw to Anderson was beautiful and on time. I like having him in the mix. What a good feeling to have another true QB on the roster. The bright lights don’t seem to affect his composure. The 10yd out route looked like he stepped into it with good timing and had the arm. I regret that we don’t look like we can protect in obvious passing situations at this point. It looked better with a full house backfield in pass protect mode.