TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I actually thought Tomlin had good touch (and said as much to my wife during the game) if you define "touch" as a gentle, easy to catch velocity. The problem was that a half dozen of his passes were a little bit short or a little bit long. You could call it aim, or arc, or distance...whatever.
    A couple of his pitches were a bit high, and he rifled in a 100mph fastball to our rb. Also underthrew a couple passes. That's what I mean by touch. It wasn't anything glaring. But just small things that can make a difference in a game.

2. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Do we have the same center?

I remember multiple bad snaps last season, Shai was able to superman it up there and catch most of them, but a couple last night were even higher..... One sailed at least four feet over Tomlin's hands.

That sort of thing needs serious fixing. Lots of things need serious fixing.

3. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefreak View Post
    JT’s composure, swagger, speed and grit were stellar!! Especially considering he is a freshmen and this was his first start ever!! The most glaring issue that needs to be fixed ASAP is the over-the-head snaps from the center. I lost count after four(?). They all seemed to either kill a drive or worse!!
    Spot on

Think our starting C came out of the game early first half with a right hand injury. We moved a starting guard to C and even played #3 C after some of the overhead snaps.

Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post
    Think our starting C came out of the game early first half with a right hand injury. We moved a starting guard to C and even played #3 C after some of the overhead snaps.
    +1, injuries hurt.

6. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    i have to disagree, Tomlin is quicker. This kid played a great game for his first college start. We got two QB's now. I have confidence in Tomlin.
    Totally agree. I think he probably throws better than Wertz. Might have a higher ceiling.

7. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Do we have the same center?

I remember multiple bad snaps last season, Shai was able to superman it up there and catch most of them, but a couple last night were even higher..... One sailed at least four feet over Tomlin's hands.

That sort of thing needs serious fixing. Lots of things need serious fixing.
    I believe the starting center hurt his wrist and the backup played at least the 2nd half for sure.

8. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I believe the starting center hurt his wrist and the backup played at least the 2nd half for sure.
    I see.

Hopefully that gets fixed.

We got all day every day for a couple of weeks before conference to fix stuff. We best use every minute of that wisely.

9. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    i have to disagree, Tomlin is quicker. This kid played a great game for his first college start. We got two QB's now. I have confidence in Tomlin.
    Quicker at what? Is he faster than Werts? I would agree with that but being quicker we will have to disagree. Tomlin doesn't move as quick laterally as Werts IMO.

10. Default Re: Justin Tomlin For The Win!

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Totally agree. I think he probably throws better than Wertz. Might have a higher ceiling.
    What did yall see last night that makes you think he's a better thrower or quicker? Quick and fast are two different things. He was 4-9 and threw into coverage several times. The deep ball was under thrown to Anderson. Go back and watch that he slows down to catch it. Stop trying to make QB controversy. If Shai plays last night, we win by 30.