TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday comments

1. Default Re: Gameday comments

Quote Originally Posted by PonteVedraFan View Post
    Glad you said it. I didn’t realize because it wasn’t obnoxiously loud like usual.
    I think it will be more noticeable when we have a larger crowd.

Hopefully, they will lay off the sound system and let the crowd and band carry the day. That's the power pf paulson.

(We really don't need to go down the same road as Auburn has. I enjoyed going there, and everyone was friendly, but good LORD their sound system was incredibly loud. It was painful.)

2. Default Re: Gameday comments

Worst thing I experienced today: the hypervigilant security folks checking tickets for the UPPER DECK in a monsoon. You're going to make my wife (carrying multiple drinks and wrangling multiple kids) dig in her bag and pull out the appropriate number of tickets to go upstairs and stand in the rain for 3.5 hours? Get the **** outta here. THEN you're going to watch as I send my kid to the restroom and tell me he'll need a ticket to get back in. Seriously?

We had like 4000 actual people show up today. It would be great if we could NOT actively piss off our diehards.

Default Re: Gameday comments

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    Worst thing I experienced today: the hypervigilant security folks checking tickets for the UPPER DECK in a monsoon. You're going to make my wife (carrying multiple drinks and wrangling multiple kids) dig in her bag and pull out the appropriate number of tickets to go upstairs and stand in the rain for 3.5 hours? Get the **** outta here. THEN you're going to watch as I send my kid to the restroom and tell me he'll need a ticket to get back in. Seriously?

We had like 4000 actual people show up today. It would be great if we could NOT actively piss off our diehards.
    That definitely seems like Overkill, especially since nobody was checking tickets for Section D. I've heard of others having multiple ticket chicks for the deck as well.... Unless someone is in the donor section up there, I don't really get the point in checking, especially not multiple times

“Are you breathing? Do you like checking tickets? Do you make terrible judgement decisions? Come work for Argus Security at Paulson stadium for $20!”

Quote Originally Posted by BullEagle View Post
    Had to wait in that line to get the season refill cup. Large majority of patrons bought these myself included. Lines should be a lot shorter or at least move quicker once this initial demand is met.
    If concessikns took cash only we wouldn't have these issues

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Whomever was running the sound board was much better tonight.

The sound wasn’t too loud and drowning out the band and the crowd.

Most importantly, it wasn’t loud at inappropriate times.

kudos!
    The amount of water in the air may have had a dampening effect on the sound.

Upper deck is the last place you see people checking for proper tickets in normal weather. Was that the only security guard actually checking? Sometimes you get that overzealous guy like this, when in every other section no one is paying attention. Honestly he was doing his job but with as few people that were there, he should have recognized your faces and not asked again.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

8. Default Re: Gameday comments

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEDAVIDSON View Post
    If concessikns took cash only we wouldn't have these issues
    We would just have other issues (like people pissed that they don't take cards.)

I know several people who never carry any cash. Heck, I use it only to make change for Tips these days.

Did anyone else notice that we actually posted the first half stats on the scoreboard during halftime. That’s a start would like to see it between quarters as well.
    Eagle Booster since 1993
    HailSouthern!

10. Default Re: Gameday comments

Quote Originally Posted by dash88 View Post
    Did anyone else notice that we actually posted the first half stats on the scoreboard during halftime. That’s a start would like to see it between quarters as well.
    I like it!

Very good idea.