TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday comments

Default Re: Gameday comments

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Wifi was inop all night for me.

The concessions issue is solvable. The cashiers were having to turn around and fetch orders. Just have runners get orders. No reason a cashier should have to do that. Just let cashiers do transactions. Turning around in the middle of each register operation screws them up.

Couple extra people would solve it.
    I was in KK wifi was unstable and slow. Nobody around me could get it to work either.

A lot of students got upset when they reach the register and were told that they weren't able to take Eagle Express yet.
    Michael - '10 BS Mechanical Engineering Technology
    Statesboro by way of Thomson
    AMSOIL Independent Dealer - ZO# 1953271

NoFi was more like it. I in Section D and the signal was only half the bars. Which is troubling, even if you can't connect the bars should still be full. I connected once but that didn't last and was never able to get back on.

I noticed 2 food trucks on the press box side with no lines. Yet the concession line was a mile long. I don't know about you, but if I saw no line I'd sure as heck go there vs the concession line. I was able to get a kiosk with no line to grab a water with no wait. I noticed a few others like that.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

3. Default Re: Gameday comments

Similar issues with WiFi. Was kicked off constantly during the first three quarters. That seemed to stabilize during the fourth quarter when the crowd tapered but speed was still no better than without it. Pretty disappointing.

I could never connect to the wifi either despite full signal. That said, at least it off loaded enough traffic that Verizon worked better than usual.

Maybe- and hopefully- it was just me but anyone else see an unusually high number of cockroaches in the stands also? I get that we’re in southeast Georgia and there are bits of food here and there but I’ve never seen one at a game before I saw several yesterday.

6. Default Re: Gameday comments

Wifi definitely needs work.

I got full signal and it would drop me.

Tried several times from several locations. I don't know much about the technical end of wifi, but it looks like the problem wasnt the signal as much as the system just dumping everyone as soon as the connection was made.

wifi in Paulson is a great idea. Execution was poor.

The other issue was t-shirts. Very few were thrown out, and the girl in our section very obviously threw most to just her friends.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post

I noticed 2 food trucks on the press box side with no lines. Yet the concession line was a mile long. I don't know about you, but if I saw no line I'd sure as heck go there vs the concession line. I was able to get a kiosk with no line to grab a water with no wait. I noticed a few others like that.
    Had to wait in that line to get the season refill cup. Large majority of patrons bought these myself included. Lines should be a lot shorter or at least move quicker once this initial demand is met.
    Last edited by BullEagle; 8th September 2019 at 10:49 AM.

8. Default Re: Gameday comments

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    Maybe- and hopefully- it was just me but anyone else see an unusually high number of cockroaches in the stands also? I get that we’re in southeast Georgia and there are bits of food here and there but I’ve never seen one at a game before I saw several yesterday.

Saw some.

Looks like a good opportunity for a pest control sponsorship.

In Section 108 the piped in “music” was deafening at times yet the stadium announcer was barely audible.
    Eagles Dare, Anytime, Anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Saw some.

Looks like a good opportunity for a pest control sponsorship.
    Knox Pest Control sponsors something, with the radio broadcast at least. I can't remember what it was but I remember Danny saying "Knox knocks 'em out" a few times.
    OAS AAS LLS