TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: University of Alabama amazing student attendance strategy

Default Re: University of Alabama amazing student attendance strategy

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Sounds like a great idea. Using location based services they can verify if someone was in the stadium the whole game vs. a quarter.
    Or if their phone was.....

Not that anyone goes anywhere without it, but....
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Or if their phone was.....

Not that anyone goes anywhere without it, but....
    They aren't going to be separated from their phone. I saw a report about the anxiety level of people now when separated from their cell phones. It's ridiculous how much higher that registered on an anxiety scale than some other events.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Sounds like a great idea. Using location based services they can verify if someone was in the stadium the whole game vs. a quarter.
    . . . says the guy who arrives for Saturday road games on like Wednesday
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

4. Default Re: University of Alabama amazing student attendance strategy

They also use this system for priority games and "buddy tickets" for friends. better score = better chance for student tix to big games

5. Default Re: University of Alabama amazing student attendance strategy

much better plan than the "cash drop"

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesSoar42 View Post
    So i’m sure some of you have heard about this as I know UGA used to have it maybe they still do but Alabama has an app for students that tracks their location when students check in to sporting events and the longer they stay they earn points and rewards which they can use to earn gear and other items. I would love if there was anything we could do to this scale to boost student attendance at other events and also prevent 60% of students leaving at halftime
    So just to be clear, the students would get points towards UGA gear with attendance? I think you may be onto something.....

7. Default Re: University of Alabama amazing student attendance strategy

I'm a student at Georgia Southern right now. Most of the people I was with wanted to leave at halftime to go drink and then come back in, but you're not allowed to do that so most people stayed until the third quarter and then left to get ready to go out to the bars. I think GSU needs to worry about getting other people into the game first though. We got to the game at kickoff and had to sit on the upper deck because the student section was completely full. Half of everyone on the upper deck was students and other than students no one is filling up the upper deck.

8. Default Re: University of Alabama amazing student attendance strategy

Quote Originally Posted by GSU2020 View Post
    I'm a student at Georgia Southern right now. Most of the people I was with wanted to leave at halftime to go drink and then come back in, but you're not allowed to do that so most people stayed until the third quarter and then left to get ready to go out to the bars. I think GSU needs to worry about getting other people into the game first though. We got to the game at kickoff and had to sit on the upper deck because the student section was completely full. Half of everyone on the upper deck was students and other than students no one is filling up the upper deck.
    I’m assuming 2020 is your graduation year and that you didn’t come to GS until 2016. Before you came, the upper deck was 80% or more full pretty consistently. It inhales vigorously that we hit a pretty low point 2016-2017 and the more casual fans stopped coming, but hopefully as we get back on track and start posting double digit winning seasons consistently, people will come back.

There are 80k people in Bulloch County, 25k students at GS, and we are within an hour’s drive from another what? 500k? We shouldn’t have any issues filling up Paulson on a regular basis.

9. Default Re: University of Alabama amazing student attendance strategy

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I’m assuming 2020 is your graduation year and that you didn’t come to GS until 2016. Before you came, the upper deck was 80% or more full pretty consistently. It inhales vigorously that we hit a pretty low point 2016-2017 and the more casual fans stopped coming, but hopefully as we get back on track and start posting double digit winning seasons consistently, people will come back.

There are 80k people in Bulloch County, 25k students at GS, and we are within an hour’s drive from another what? 500k? We shouldn’t have any issues filling up Paulson on a regular basis.
    I was a student from 2012-2016. Once we moved up, Paulson was slam packed consistently. Outside of Thursday nights (not counting App), I can't remember a single game where the student section didn't overflow into the upper deck. But it's hard to blame students who experienced 7 wins their first two years at Southern for never developing a fandom for the Eagles.

I went to the SA game last year when we were 3-1, and the student section was probably 70% full with not a whole lot of atmosphere. It was nice to see it be packed again against Maine...winning fixes everything.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    I was a student from 2012-2016. Once we moved up, Paulson was slam packed consistently. Outside of Thursday nights (not counting App), I can't remember a single game where the student section didn't overflow into the upper deck. But it's hard to blame students who experienced 7 wins their first two years at Southern for never developing a fandom for the Eagles.

I went to the SA game last year when we were 3-1, and the student section was probably 70% full with not a whole lot of atmosphere. It was nice to see it be packed again against Maine...winning fixes everything.
    The App game last year introduced a lot of students to what Paulson is supposed to feel like.