TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: University of Alabama amazing student attendance strategy

Default Re: University of Alabama amazing student attendance strategy

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Iím not into bribing students to be at the games. If they want to be there they will be there.

Never work in sales or marketing
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

2. Default Re: University of Alabama amazing student attendance strategy

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    The App game last year introduced a lot of students to what Paulson is supposed to feel like.
    Yesssss!

That was awesome!

(I saw a LOT of students leaving early though. I couldn’t believe anyone would leave a game like that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    It's an "issue" at every school. Always has been, always will be. You see it at top schools like Bama and Georgia as well. Quite frankly, I think it will get worse as TV coverage continues to grow. Way too many other things going on to spend 4 hours "trapped" at a football game... especially for students.

The best way to "fix" this is to play opponents as local as possible to your school. They discussed this at length on one of the ESPNU radio shows this week. Think about GS, we always had decent attendance for games against Savannah State as compared to games against Maine or some school nobody has ever heard of. Georgia and GT should be playing us and GState on a regular basis. In turn, we should be hosting teams like Mercer, Citadel, and KSU. Those schools will bring fans and students will have their friends who attend those schools coming to visit.

Look how many fans we took to GT. You think Idaho or Long Island State bring that many?

We have fans show up for Savannah St because itís the first game of the year. Any bump in attendance would be from the SSU crowd but you are talking very minimal.

The fix is for P5ís to play almost exclusively P5ís and G5ís play almost exclusively G5ís. And remove all FBS vs FCS games.
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

4. Default Re: University of Alabama amazing student attendance strategy

Yes, I didn't come until 2016. I have been a Georgia Southern fan all my life though and have been to numerous games before I even came here. That is why I get on here some, because almost all of the students here don't know very much about Georgia Southern football outside of being terrible in 2016 and 2017 and then having a really good year last year. I think winning will bring most of those students to the game.

I agree on the attendance and I don't see why more people from Bulloch and Chatham county aren't coming.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU2020 View Post
    I agree on the attendance and I don't see why more people from Bulloch and Chatham county aren't coming.
    Fan apathy - we always blow teams out and win. It's boring.
    Because they are watching that school in athens or going up to the game up there.
    We don't pass.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

6. Default Re: University of Alabama amazing student attendance strategy

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Iím not into bribing students to be at the games. If they want to be there they will be there.
    They still have a choice. Whatís wrong with providing an incentive to attend a school function? As a student, I went to tons of functions I normally would not have just because they provided free pizza, and I am glad I did.

7. Default Re: University of Alabama amazing student attendance strategy

Quote Originally Posted by GSU2020 View Post
    Yes, I didn't come until 2016. I have been a Georgia Southern fan all my life though and have been to numerous games before I even came here. That is why I get on here some, because almost all of the students here don't know very much about Georgia Southern football outside of being terrible in 2016 and 2017 and then having a really good year last year. I think winning will bring most of those students to the game.

One reason UGA is on a lot of people’s Saturday agenda is that they are good again.

When they go back to inhale vigorouslying again, people will pay more attention to us.

People love to jump on the bandwagon. Especially the kind of knuckle draggers who love UGA.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    One reason UGA is on a lot of people’s Saturday agenda is that they are good again.

When they go back to inhale vigorouslying again, people will pay more attention to us.

People love to jump on the bandwagon. Especially the kind of knuckle draggers who love UGA.

1. UGA is “good again”? When is the last time UGA “inhale vigorouslyed”?

2. Our attendance has soooooooo much more to do with us than with UGA.

I am currently a student also and stayed that entire App game. One of the best sporting events of my life by far. I came with a group of friends and me and my other friend stayed the whole time but I could see how the casual fans wanted to leave because it was raining the entire time

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    So just to be clear, the students would get points towards UGA gear with attendance? I think you may be onto something.....
    I lolíed.