TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TV coverage for GS game.

Default Re: TV coverage for GS game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Eagle View Post
    That’s what I don’t miss about Dish. They seemed to always have these type of contract disputes. I’m glad I can watch the Braves close out this race each night with Direct TV! No outages!! Not trolling at all ;-)
    DTV has those contact disputes as well. The channels are smart, they never "negotiate" with more than one provider at a time. Fox Sports had a 200% rate increase a few years ago. (I'm a former CATV system owner). We cut them off on Jan1st and back on the first real braves game.
    I know it inhales vigorously, but when your provider does this, they are trying to keep your prices reasonable. It's easy to just pass on the bill to the customer, but these channels left unchecked go wild on cost.

Fox sports doesn't care if you jump ship from dish to direct or to cable etc, they are going to get paid either way. They warn you to switch providers or complain in a crawl on bottom of screen to try and pressure the provider into caving and raising your rates. If you switch, rest assured your new provider has either already gone through this or will. But it looks like you're saving money because you wind up with a new customer special discount for X amount of time.

But we all just want to see the games, me included. Just be aware that in these cases, there is a rate increase issue from the channels and provider is negotiating on your behalf. Nobody wants to anger their subscribers and lose them.

Sports channels are BIG part of a TV bill. But it amazes me how many subscribers don't want them.
    It really isn't fair to all the none sports watchers to have to pay for all these specific conference or sport type channels (Tennis, etc)
    If you have access to add the Big10 network, but it isn't on the basic, that is why. Most systems can add the package remotely, even in weekends so it probably isn't too late to call and activate before the game. Just call back and cancel on Monday if you don't wanna watch anymore Big 10 games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglerado View Post
    DTV has those contact disputes as well. The channels are smart, they never "negotiate" with more than one provider at a time. Fox Sports had a 200% rate increase a few years ago. (I'm a former CATV system owner). We cut them off on Jan1st and back on the first real braves game.
    I know it inhale vigorouslys, but when your provider does this, they are trying to keep your prices reasonable. It's easy to just pass on the bill to the customer, but these channels left unchecked go wild on cost.

Fox sports doesn't care if you jump ship from dish to direct or to cable etc, they are going to get paid either way. They warn you to switch providers or complain in a crawl on bottom of screen to try and pressure the provider into caving and raising your rates. If you switch, rest assured your new provider has either already gone through this or will. But it looks like you're saving money because you wind up with a new customer special discount for X amount of time.

But we all just want to see the games, me included. Just be aware that in these cases, there is a rate increase issue from the channels and provider is negotiating on your behalf. Nobody wants to anger their subscribers and lose them.

Sports channels are BIG part of a TV bill. But it amazes me how many subscribers don't want them.
    It really isn't fair to all the none sports watchers to have to pay for all these specific conference or sport type channels (Tennis, etc)
    If you have access to add the Big10 network, but it isn't on the basic, that is why. Most systems can add the package remotely, even in weekends so it probably isn't too late to call and activate before the game. Just call back and cancel on Monday if you don't wanna watch anymore Big 10 games this year.
    I hate HGTV, the Food Network, the Travel Channel, and seldom watch a lot of stations on my package. But I do agree having the BTN in the southeast is going a bit far.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

3. Default Re: TV coverage for GS game.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I hate HGTV, the Food Network, the Travel Channel, and seldom watch a lot of stations on my package. But I do agree having the BTN in the southeast is going a bit far.
    Perhaps you should trying watching Giada,my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by acm85 View Post
    Perhaps you should trying watching Giada,my friend.
    Michael - '10 BS Mechanical Engineering Technology
    Statesboro by way of Thomson
    AMSOIL Independent Dealer - ZO# 1953271

I downloaded fubo free trial and when I click on the GS game it has the Eastern Michigan game on and in the bottom corner it says the next game is UNLV. Anyone else having this problem? Or know how to get the GS game?

6. Default Re: TV coverage for GS game.

Just went to Red Door Tavern in Buckhead as they were the “official” watch party in Atlanta. They didn’t even get the BTN.

Quote Originally Posted by O.M.T. GATA View Post
    I downloaded fubo free trial and when I click on the GS game it has the Eastern Michigan game on and in the bottom corner it says the next game is UNLV. Anyone else having this problem? Or know how to get the GS game?
    Figured it out if anyone else was experiencing this. The link to the GS game goes to the NU game. The link to the NU game goes to GS game... I was in full on panic mode for a sec lol

Quote Originally Posted by O.M.T. GATA View Post
    Figured it out if anyone else was experiencing this. The link to the GS game goes to the NU game. The link to the NU game goes to GS game... I was in full on panic mode for a sec lol

Yep
    Go Eagles!!

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Just went to Red Door Tavern in Buckhead as they were the “official” watch party in Atlanta. They didn’t even get the BTN.
    Download Fubo on your phone
    Go Eagles!!

10. Default Re: TV coverage for GS game.

Does anyone know if northland cable has big ten network