TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: After the game thoughts

Default Re: After the game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Yeah, I kind of get it for 2019, for now, due to the sample size, but not so much for a full 2018 season. I mean, pulling out stats against Clemson and measuring ourselves against everyone else, including 10 or so other programs that played Clemson (or Alabama, Oklahoma, etc.) hardly seems like a fair comparison.
    TRUE!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

2. Default Re: After the game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    I agree with you talon and I do feel we can win the sunbelt. We are about to go on a run....I hope
    Yeah, we have work to do, but nobody in the SBC scares me. Iíve said it before and Iíll say it again, this is a very well timed BYE for us. Time to lick our wounds, watch some film and GATA.

What worries me most about ULL is Werts will likely be the only one on the field still susceptible to rust. It will basically be his game one.

3. Default Re: After the game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    Agreed. So 2018 finished ranked #53 after ranking #122 the previous year.
    Not a bad place to be... letís get back there!

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Yeah, we have work to do, but nobody in the SBC scares me. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this is a very well timed BYE for us. Time to lick our wounds, watch some film and GATA.

What worries me most about ULL is Werts will likely be the only one on the field still susceptible to rust. It will basically be his game one.
    GOOD MAN
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

[QUOTE=Eskimojoe;979008]Bob Debesse is a terrible offensive coordinator, and is our number one problem right now. Why we continue to not get our speed guys involved in the game is beyond me. Thompson hasnít seen the field. We refuse to dial up any perimeter plays for Speedy or Hood. Hell, get Dexter Carter in at WR, and throw one of those deep balls to him.[/QUOTE

You think, MAYBE......just MAYBE the guys that are professional coaches that have done this their entire lives, that watch our players in practice and in games EVERY DAY know a little more about what they can and can't do than a Rube that does nothing but complain about coaching in every single post? If they are not playing, there is a reason they are not. As fickle as CFB fans are and as important as every win is, do you think they are purposely holding back players that are super stars just to make you scratch your head?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Hard to believe you buzzards are circling around this teamóand especially this staffólike you are. I feel like Iím in an alternate reality.

Of course, Iíve felt this way before on this board . . .
    Did you expect anything different????
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

One thing that has stuck in my craw is why don't we have Dexter Carter at least running back kick Offs!, check his last season kick off returns he had, I think he had 2 and those two were very good. Just not sure I understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    One thing that has stuck in my craw is why don't we have Dexter Carter at least running back kick Offs!, check his last season kick off returns he had, I think he had 2 and those two were very good. Just not sure I understand that.
    Yeah...not sure Liptrot is the answer at returner. I'm still holding out hope for Hood to get a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    Yeah...not sure Liptrot is the answer at returner. I'm still holding out hope for Hood to get a shot.
    Yeah, so far he's made me nervous on punt returns. Just doesn't look fluid catching them.

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

10. Default Re: After the game thoughts

I had a flashback to Matt Brieda when Brinson reversed field for the TD.